87' YJ trany? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 10:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

87\' YJ trany?

I had a leak in my clutch system so I figured I might as well do the clutch while I had it out. The trany has me puzzled, the only tag I can find is on the right side and unfortunately is not an embossed metal plate so some numbers are gone but what I got is: 2BF16 then 008014 then ...3002...

None of my books show this trany ID, any ideas?

Also, trying to save myself some trial and error time, I'm glad I put it up on stands because I noticed that the steel plate that bolts to the engine block and connects to the motor mount has lost it's bolts. I live on a bumpy dirt roads and figure I rattled them loose. All three are gone. Any idea what size they are and what strength bolds I should replace them with?

by the way, my MPI conversion has been great, wish I had done it years ago, milage went from 15 to 20mpg and it has a lot more horsepower than ever.

thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 02:40 AM

Re: 87\' YJ trany?

Look at the tranny - is there a crease down the middle of it - so that the two halves of the tranny can split apart? If there is, it's a BA 10/5 (POS!!!) peugot (sp) tranny... which would be the stock trans for your year YJ. If it doesn't have the crease, it could be an AX15 that someone swapped, or a few other choices... Most likely though you've got the BA.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 10:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for the advice, I think you are correct. The transmission case is split on the bias and with minor differences, such as the shift lever retainer being a retaining ring rather than a twist lock, the rest did match pretty close.

thanks again

thundah

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 05:50 AM
sas87yj

manual tranny- peugeot

rob a bolt from the other side and match with a grade 8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode