Need a close up picture of body lift!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 05:04 PM
GONE_TRAIL_RIDIN

Need a close up picture of body lift!!

Im installing a body lift and its on my 89 YJ with a 5 Speed Standard, and I wanted to know if anyone out there has a close up picture of theres????? And also does anybodt have a picture, or tell me what the shifter extension plate or whatever it is looks like????? Cuz ive been told it needs to have one. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 06:41 PM

Re: Need a close up picture of body lift!!

Well i don't have any pics of the body lift but I might be able help you out. I put a 2" lift on mine a few years back. What size lift are you installing?

As to the shift extension, my kit came with a 2" piece of round stock to cut my shift lever and insert it and weld in place. I didn't use that. But what I did run in to was the hole in the floor was too small now for the throw on the shifter. When I went into 1st gear I had to make sure it was tight against the floor. (the shift lever was hitting the floor and not locking in place) What I did was cut a small section out where the shift lever was hitting the floor. I went through all the gears with the boot off and tested the clearance when shifting between all the gears. When I had the shifter where it would clear i then placed the boot back on and shifted it to where I still had clearance in all gears. The boot was tight and wanted to hold the lever out of gear in 1st and 4th. but I shifted it enough to work. Hope this helps.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 08:26 PM
GONE_TRAIL_RIDIN

Re: Need a close up picture of body lift!!

Hey thanks for the help.......Im installing a 2" Performance Accessories body lift. Where abouts is it that you are supposed to cut the shifter and weld in that peice???? How big is this peice???? Also when you install the body lift are the new body puck peices supposed to sit on top of the old body bushings???? or do you just get rid of the old body bushings and just use the new ones in the body lift kit??? Cuz my old body bushings are fallen apart and rotted. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode