O/T wish i was good as some folks on here - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Dex
Old Hand

O/T wish i was good as some folks on here

i'm sorry to have been a pest or a dumb a$$ as some think or put it as i am or maybe,, but i have found that some are just out to make stupid replies back to maybe a stupid post, but we not all so good at this stuff as others, and instead of being of some help they look for things to gripe and complain about, this is the best site i have found and have got some good answers on here , so i dont think ill be posting anymore but just hoping and relying on others post to maybe get an answer.. so to all the smart ones..:: wish i could buy ya what your worth and sell ya for what ya think your worth!!!
thanks to all the nice folks and all their help!!!

DEX McCOY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 07:55 PM

Re: O/T wish i was good as some folks on here

Don't let the small things get to you. You are as welcome as anyone here. And This BBS has less flaming than ANY that I know of. It has created many, many new friendships too. So stick around, post, and meet new people. And always remember that there aren't stupid questions. No one knows everything. And the longer you stay and learn, the more you will be able to give back that information to others.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Dex
Old Hand

thank you lots my friend, may you always have a safe jeep and not break nut'en, y'all be safe! and climb a big rock and have fun in da mud!!
DEX

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 08:11 PM

Dude, don't know what's up, but hang around. I pay no attention to people that flame me or post half-bottomed replys. (There is one outspoken board member who IMHO is so full of smelly brown stuff that I hate to post within the thread as him....and he doesn't attack my knowledge but my politics!) If you feel like you really don't want to post anymore, PM somebody and ask them to ask for you. Heck I'd be willing to do it.

For me, I know I don't know everything. Right now I came into the computer room because I managed to frustrate myself out in the shop. I dropped the Tranny and T-case to swap out the noisy throwout bearing. I got in a hurry and tried to sneak it out without first pulling the mixin' sticks. Hung it up half way down, then had to pull the sticks with the tranny and tcase sort of hanging there.....Then found out NAPA sold me the wrong bearing--out of stock, had to be ordered....fine, I decided I'd drop the oil pan to fix it leaking.....had an issue with the drain pan and got oil everywhere.....called wife and asked her to pick up more floor dry on the way home....went on to re-route a fuel line that I field repaired a few weeks ago (sloppy field repair, but it worked!)....destroyed the line trying to get the curves I wanted. That's when I decided to hang it up for the day rather than trying to do some more things I've got on my to do list.

There are a lot of real nice, knowledge folks on this board. There are also the mandantory idiots that like to spoil it for others. Don't let them get to you, and don't let them run you off. Best revenge is living well.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Dex
Old Hand

thanks dude ,,way up there in alaska, but some of the rude folks dont need them around any how! sweet home atlanta georgia!

thank for you help and replies , and support, u b safe my friend!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 09:47 PM
Onetonjeeper

dude don't let people make u feel like u can't or don't want to be part of this there is a lot more positive than negitive here , if u have a question
ask it i'll help u the best i can

[img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] RUDE PEOPLE

your friend Todd
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 10:08 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Dont sweat it. Just keep posting away. Alot of times there may be some ball busting on here, that wasnt meant to be mean, just some fun. But there are a few that think there [bleep] doesnt stink. So which post is it, that started this post.

[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 10:37 PM

Don't sweat it, us Georgia boys gotta stick together. Not to mention you gotta CJ, so you must be a great guy!

I think the only thing it may take a while to learn around here (and we all had to learn it the hard way, don't let anybody pull your leg) is that the quality of the answers is going to depend on the quality of the information you post about the problem. Now there's folks around here who like to grouse, but without the whole story, we're just guessing (some of us guess better than others).

Don't forget, experience just means we did or know people who did the mistakes before you did... [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 07:29 AM
brendan

bluesman wrote

the quality of the answers is going to depend on the quality of the information you post about the problem

This is even more true when you consider the agonizing pace of dial up connections. I, for one, get aggravated when I wait for a post to load only to find an incoherent statement, with no clear purpose or question.

This is as warm and fuzzy as it gets, DEX! Stick around, or come back when to find the truth of this statement.

Dex, you're like the third guy in the last month to post one of these "Screw you guys, --> I'm going home." farewell statements. Is there really something going on on this board that I haven't seen that is driving people away? If there is an attitude or a member that is causing people to leave, I think making the offender(s) public is the best course for the community as a whole.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 06:07 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Dex, You have to be careful about how you read and WHAT you read in some of these posts. No matter how careful a poster is, it is easy to hurt feelings if he's not careful about gently telling someone that they are WRONG. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Just recently I saw a post where the reply was totally off base and completely wrong. I thought about how to post and say what the facts were, but as things unfolded, the wrong info didn't really matter so I just let the poster of the erroneus info think he was an electrical genius and never said a word about it. It's HARD to not feel SOMETHING when somebody posts contrary to what you posted and shows you that, well, you didn't quite have it right. You just have to be secure in the knowlege that this board is a DISCUSSION and as such you will get a lot of, well,......discussion, right AND wrong. There is always someone around who has an unusually abrasive personality; just like in the break room at work; and you soon find out who they are and how to avoid letting them tear you down. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I think you can hang around this board and feel "safe" enough. Not completely safe, because there is no such thing, but this is a far cry from some of the boards where insults are the order of each and every day. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode