How can I get silicone and/or RTV off of the body of my YJ without messing up the paint by using a razor blade? I tried some gasket remover in a hidden place but it softens the paint [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]. Any ideas of what to use and where to get it?
No. It is stuck on good. I used it to seal the top part of my rockers and had to remove one of them. It worked great [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]...maybe to good [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]! Any other ideas, I would like to get the residue off. Thanks
1. I use Wal-Mart Spray Carb Cleaner.
2. You've got to work quickly.
3. Spray, let sit for a few seconds.
4. The spray will soften the material.
5. Continued spraying and 3M Scotchbrite,
6. With liberal doses of elbow grease does the trick for me.