Spyder Customs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

Spyder Customs

Has anyone ever done there full size axle swap kit. Looks nice and I am thinking of doing it. What full size axles do you all recomend? I know the fullsize is about 10 inches wider that is 5 per side not bad at all...Tell me about your experiences..

Nate..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 02:27 PM
Pooh-Bah

Re: Spyder Customs

Nate- do a search for outboard spring perches, hangers, fullwidth, etc. There has been a few recent discussion on the Poison Spyder kit and what it comes with.
"Personally" I think it is overpriced for what it consists of, and am doing my own outboard spring system that resembles theirs. A lot of people have done their own, and have liks to their write-ups, however if it is beyond your fabricating ability, I think the kit would be a good way to go.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Its not that I don't feel comfortable doing the work, it looks like a straight forward kit. I just dont have the time to fabricate all the brackets. The least amount of time that my jeep has to be down the better, I like to drive it too much. As far as the rear goes, I assume that you just relocate the axle pads inward to fit the the stock springs? What springs do you recomend? The wrangler springs, I am doing the spring over at the same time. What axles do you recomend? Front Chevy 44? Rear??

Nathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 06:04 PM
Can't Get Enough

It depends on how wide you want to go. You can use any thing from Blazer to Bronco, Scout to Wagoneer, 1 ton to rockwells. I used a Scout rear d-44 and a Wagie front d-44 to fit my needs. The rear is simply moving the perches in and making sure you have the correct pinion angle. The front is a little harder, but I had mine done in a weekend.

Don't use Wrangler springs for SOA - they sag too fast. There has been lots of discussion on the BBS about this in the past. I am going to do SOA this winter and am looking at either BDS or Rubicon Extreme's new SOA spring with the reversed eyes.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 12:37 AM

Here are some pics of an implementation a friend of mine did, and I helped him weld:
Here
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 09:32 AM
Addict

heres a shot of my first spring over and chevy springs....NO THATS NOT ME!!.......LOL actually we trashed this jeep years and years ago only to see this guy driving it on memorial at a ralley in wisconsin

But the waggie fronts are great candidates
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode