Aussie lockers - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 07:48 PM
304CJ7

Aussie lockers

I ordered my Aussie Lockers today. Total cost was about 420.00 which i dont think is too bad for two lockers. Ill put them in as soon as i get them and get back with some info on how they work and the install. Ive been wheeling with open diffs for a while so it should be a huge difference in wheeling ability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 12:47 AM

Re: Aussie lockers

feel free to dope slap me as nesecarry, but what are aussie lockers?? Upsidedown ARB's?? Bad joke... no really though, cable operated like an ox or what are they??
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 01:10 AM

I'm curious too....what exactly is an Aussie Locker?

I know what a Lincoln/Miller/Hobart locker is....and I know what a lunchbox locker is, but this one is new!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 02:15 AM
Keyboard Implanted

It looks exactly like a Powertrax or a Lock-Rite. It supposed to be better. I plan on getting one soon I was just waiting hoping to get real world testing.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 02:55 AM

Exactly..

It's an auto locker along the lines of a Lockrite, only instead of being a 30 y/o design, it's the new improved version.. Like a 2nd Generation
From what I've read its the original designer of the lockrite thats selling them...

$200 is pretty damn good price.

the Pirate guys have had a couple for a while now, but no reports yet.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 08:19 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Aussie Lockers
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 08:42 AM

id watch out with those lunch box type lockers. i had a detroit ez-lock in my d35 for about 9 months and about 6-7k miles on it, all of the teeth edges where rounded off and it stopped all forward motion cause the teeth could not catch themselvs and"lock-up" right......so i ended up buying a detroit no-slip locker and have been happey ever since......the problem with the l/b lockers is that the carrier they fit in to does not have a high tolerance (measuring) so the teeth of the l/b locker are not butted up all the way with each other so there is a lil'void that lets them move and slip really easy and wear out prematurly (sp?) [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]........i know that there a millions of the l/b lockers out there and i might be 1 out of a 100,000 that has had them go bad but just be casefull and dont waste your money....

later
john [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 09:06 AM

I ran a lockright for 3-4 years and found it very durable. From friends, I have heard that different applications had different degrees of sucess. Personally, I believe the lockright though very similar to the detroit ez-locker, was a better product. Either it was made of better steel, better heat treatment or something. They just seem to last longer. Time will tell with the ausie locker.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 09:17 AM

I seem to remember that lots of people had problems with Detroit's ez-locker. I'm to interested in how these Aussie lockers hold up and if the new design is better then the old one. I'd just run one in the front and weld the rear because I'm cheap [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 09:18 AM
Mud in my Veins

Be sure and search for the post Pontiac flew regarding varying carrier dimensions being the cause/culprit in most failures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode