MC2100 adjusted! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

MC2100 adjusted!

I entered a post on 9/3/03 about carb. adjustment for an MC2100, got a lot of info., and yesterday borrowed a vacuum gauge from a friend, and the results were good. I also opened up the diameter of the bottom hole for the accelerator pump linkage, (the top 3 were at .125 dia.), and had to grind a little off of the heel of the rod clip to make it fit because of the throttle linkage having a raised area on it. I have another question though, is it unusual to wind up with having the adjustment screws at different settings? The one to the drivers side is at 2&3/4 and the other is at 1&3/4 rounds, but it runs great, and I got a reading of near 20 inches of vacuum. I cleaned the smut and carbon from the spark plugs before I got started, and cleaned the tailpipe tip afterwards, so that I can see when I get home from work (38 miles round trip) if it's still blackening the tip or not. Thanks ya'll, for all the help. Please respond about the screw settings.

82' CJ7, 258 CID, (MC2100 & HEI conversions), T5, D300, Flowmaster series 45 muff., & 265/15's on the ground
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 01:41 PM

Re: MC2100 adjusted!

I am replacing my holly double pumper with a 500 cfm mc2100 and I am curious if there is any tricks to tuning one of these for a trail rig, like float level, spring under float, closing down the needle and seat?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 03:50 PM

Re: MC2100 adjusted!

When you adjust the screws, you should be moving them in synch with each other. So when you try adding or subtracting a 1/4 turn, you do it to both screws at the same time, so that both end up with the same number of turns when you finish.

The way you have it set up now, one bore is delivering more fuel than the other. This could cause problems. Glad to hear you got it running right, but I would retune, adjusting them equally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode