What Has Happened To The SWB BBS ??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 10:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What Has Happened To The SWB BBS ???

It's Been A Long Time Since I've Been On Here. So Long That I Lost My Status. That's Not A Big Deal To Me. The Thing That Has Changes That Bothers Me Is The May Members Treat Other Members. Just Because Someone Doesn't Have A Long Standing Status Doesn't Mean They Shouldn't Be Respected And Helped. When I Was On Here Before Members Did All They Could To Help Each Other Now I See That Members Would Rather Trash Talk And Slam Each Other Than Help. I'm Really Dissapointed In What Has Happened Around Here. I Origionally Came To This BBS Because It Was The Best One Out There For Info And Help Now I'm Starting To Wonder If This Is The Right Place To Be. If There Is Any One On Here That Been Here Since 01 Or Later That Cares To Comment On The Situation Please Feel Free To. All Comments Are Welcome.

Kyle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 10:45 PM
Dex
Old Hand

Re: What Has Happened To The SWB BBS ???

still da best i think

i get all answers i want right here!!! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 10:52 PM
Can't Get Enough

Kyle,
I've only been on here for a couple of months, but the atmosphere that you described from before is what attracted me to this board instead of the others. Don't get peeved because the first response you got to your other post was sarcastic. I doubt he meant anything by it, but even if he did, such responses are pretty rare. The people on here are great and all too willing to help whenever possible.
Welcome back to the board and don't get disgusted yet.
And, being in Ohio, you need to get your title straight and join us at the Badlands in Oct. (see that thread).
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 10:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

It has changed a little bit, but nothing that cant be controlled. Still a good BBS board.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 11:00 PM

Kyle glad to have you back. Don't worry about Aaron........he's a great guy but short and to the point as I am. There are a lot of new faces and names here. Some have been around for a while here. All are welcome. I can [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img] Aaron. [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] But he won't care. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Come on back in and join back in. It's still a great place to be. (and PS sorry I couldn't help you with the PM. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 11:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Jim
It's Not The Respond To My Post That Made Me Mad. It's The Comments To Other Members That I Saw While Looking Through Posts That Makes Me Mad. People Didn't Used To Do That Sh*t.
I Don't Understand It This Boad Used To Be Like A Big Family Now It Doesn't Appear Anything Like That. I Still Have My SWB BBS Smiley Face Stickers On My CJ (Ask Dirt Dog) But Now I'm A Lil Ashamed About Them If This Is What They Now Stand For. I Mean Look At The Gremlins W/Signs: BS, Lame. What's That About?????????
Kyle
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 11:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Dirt Dog, Don't Stress The PM. I'll Figure Something Out Or Junk The Jeep And Start Again (Lots Of Spare Parts). It's Just Frusterating.\

Kyle

BTW What Up With The Lame And BS Gremlin???
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 11:37 PM

What attracts me to this board, besides all the wisdom and experience, is the members have always seemed to go the extra mile for each other and the board doesn't appear as clickish as some of the other boards I visit. This is the best 4x4 board I've ever known of.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 11:50 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Welcome back! Don't sweat it. Some people get fired up about some subjects more than others.

This BBS has grown alot in the past few years and has gotten better. But, as the bushel of apples grows, more rotten ones accumulate. We (members and moderators) do a pretty good job of weeding out the rotten ones and make this a better place. Stick around and see how things work in the big picture.

BTW, the [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img] and [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] icon's are almost always used in jest and not with any mean spirit.

Again, welcome back! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 12:00 AM

It's ironic that you put this post up when you did. Trying to refresh my feeble memory about some stuff, I was looking at old posts and bumped into the RRich/TeamRush flame war from May last year. THAT was nasty - WAY nastier than anything I've seen since.

So I bail out of that and come back up front and see that you think it's bad now! Stick around a while and I think you'll figure out that what ever you saw was an isolated occurance.

And welcome back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode