Accessory brackets for a SBC in 94 Wrangler? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Accessory brackets for a SBC in 94 Wrangler?

My brother is a mechanic. He's started working for a body shop. One of the owner's personal projects is a small block chevy in a 94 wrangler (he's the OWNER.... more money than sense... and a body man.... not much mechanical ability). He had a different mechanic doing the work. But he's bailed on it. Now my bro has inherited a project, but NO BRACKETS. NO a/c pump, no alternator, no power steering pump. The owner bought a radiator from BE KOOL.

The guy is wanting all accessories working, and a FACTORY look. He's wanting to make a "show vehicle".

Any suggestions?

btw... I urged him to swap to a small block ford, [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] but he's not buying...... [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 09:56 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Accessory brackets for a SBC in 94 Wrangler?

Drew, I think Richard got all of his stuff from Summitt He put a 350 in his M-715. Got lots of bling-bling going on too. He used mostly aluminum stuff. I think ebay was also a good source too...
Maybe Dirt can help with some of the stuff? He is a junkyard dog ya' know...
Lori wants to know when you are bringing her some oreo's, or chips ahoy?
Ricky...seeya...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 11:26 PM

Brackets shouldn't be hard to find for a SBC as long as you're running the long waterpump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 11:41 PM
TNJeeper

GM has recently put some new kits on the market that will fit this exact purpose. I only wish they were available when I did my swap, before I purchased the March serpentine belt kit. There are 3 kits that include everything from the alternator, water pump, ac compressor, brackets, belts, tensioner, bolts or just simply the pulleys and the bolts.

You can either go to www.summitracing.com or to gmpartsdirect.com and search for these part numbers: 12497697 (everthing except ac pump) 12497698 (everything needed for the swap) or 12497869 (brackets, bolts, and pulleys). The kits are much less expensive at gmpartsdirect than at summit. I've ordered from gmpartsdirect and was very pleased with the price and service. Prices for the kits range from $275 to a little over $600.

Like I said, I wish that the GM kits were available when I did my swap. I still might eventually get the kit and install it later, but the March kit has been getting the job done for me. I had some trouble matching up the power steering resevoir, and belt lengths, and I thought the price of nearly $500 for the March kit was a little much. So I would recommend checking out the kit from GM, before going with the March kit.

Greg J.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

What's the best/easiest/cheapest a/c pump to use? There is nothing on the jeep currently. What should he look for? Factory GM??? Factory Jeep??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode