O/T 3336 miles later, I have arrived
after a few minor issues, I leaned a few things traveling from coast to coast
1. the 24 valve cumming diesel is an unbelievable powerplant.
2. the above engine will travel the entire span of new mexico with an average speed of 81 mph towing the jeep and tons of other junk.
3. the newer dodge dana 60's have the same crappy non-serviceable bearing assembly as jeeps.. just bigger..and more expencive($255)
4. a few prayers don't hurt and help is usually there when I need it.
5. I actually really enjoyed towing and I have no fear of going anywhere now.
6. the smokey mountians have the steepest grades on all of I-40
7. I saw rain in every desert I drove through.
8. california has a law stating you can't tow ANYTHING at speeds faster than 55mph.
9. gas is $2.15 a gallon here, but diesel is $1.65
10. Arizona is the most beautifull state I've ever seen... except winslow
11. I incurred $800 in food, gas, lodging, and parts (about $500 for the driving food and hotels, but we camped a lot)
12. motel 6 allows pets
13. rent and gas are more here, but everything else is the same price.
14. california has a LOT of laws
15. everyone here drives a new f-350 diesel on 35" tires
...the weather here is really really nice...... [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img]