O/T Rant Pet peeve about other drivers - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

O/T Rant Pet peeve about other drivers

What's your pet peeve about other drivers?

Let me start this by saying that I'm far from perfect and I'm sure that many people can and have found fault with my driving.

To tell the truth I really don't have just one, but right now the thing I'm seeing most and is really getting under my skin is: Due to road construction near my home it seems that everyone that has a SUV has to slow down to a crawl for every little bump in the road. I can understand those that are moving something that requires slowing down and people that have health reasons. What I don't understand is why is it only the SUV's seem to be the only ones that everyone of them has to slow down to 0 MPH's. Pickup trucks and cars don't have to do this, why the SUV's? It doesn't seem to matter make or model of the SUV, or who's driving male/female or younger/older.

Guess I have to attribute it to people that traded in their cars and mini-vans and found the ride rougher in their SUV, I don't know what else could cause it. What ever it is, its driving me up the wall to drive down a road with a posted speed limit of 35 MPH and have to stop for every bump in the road because there is a SUV coming to a stop for them.

Sorry about the rant here but I just had to vent a little, after having to stop 6 times in less then 2 miles not including traffic lights.

A couple of others I have.

People that didn't check the turn signal option when they ordered their new car.
People that do less then the posted speed limit while in the hammer lane on the Interstate.

So what's your pet peeve about others driving habits?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 05:44 PM
304CJ7

Re: O/T Rant Pet peeve about other drivers

Nothing ticks me off more than when someone pulls out in front of me and doesnt go. They just causally pull out right in front of me and take their time getting up to speed. It is so annoying. Some people just simply cant drive...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 05:50 PM

One of the things that gets me is that the idiots in WA don't have a clue about the merge lane. All of the [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]'s here stop/slow down at the end of the merge lane and wait forever before joining the other traffic. Not only that but the inside lane on the highway is NOT for slow drivers!!!!
Man I could go on about the traffic here. It was sure nice to go back to Chicago on vacation and be around people that knew how to drive.
[img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] DEATH to washington state drivers!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 06:34 PM

Well if you paid 35-45k for your SUV you wouldn't want to scratch, bump, chip, shake, or get your SUV dirty either!!!!!!! [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

Thats what you get for getting one of those over priced go nowhere gas hogs. [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img]

Well thats how I feel [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

I agree whole heartedly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 07:10 PM
Veteran

I can't stand it when the driver at the stoplight in front of me turns on his left turn signal AFTER I have pulled up behind him. If I would have seen his signal before, I would have pulled into the right hand lane and gone around him. Turn signals, they are there for a reason! Grrrr...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 11:58 PM

1. People that jackrabbit out in front of me (when it is clear far behind me) and then don't speed up to traffic speed.
2. People (for some reason almost driving Chevys) that run with their high beams on during the daylight hours. It annoys the H, E, Double hockey sticks out of me. I think it has something to do with the DRLs that are popular on Chevys up here. The REALLY annoying part is if you flip your lights on and high beam them back to get them to take them to low beams they either look out you blankly, look out you like you are crazy or they flip you the bird.
3. People that don't signal--that really frosts my buttocks.

I've got a lot of other peeves, but these are the top of the list for sure!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 07:51 AM

I just got back from Myrtle Beach S.C. and I can't stand being in the hammer lane and having some A$$(o) flash his H beamers at me to pass when There is a car 3 car lenths ahead off me. And about the bonehead in the front.... He had NOBODY in front of me and still wouldn't pull over. After 5 miles... I decided to go around him on the right and then [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] he speeds up.... Only to slow down when you have to get behind him when you can no longer pass him.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 08:12 AM
NIX
Keyboard Implanted

People that drive slower than the maximum speed with no obvious reason. Can't stand it. Others are: driving with rear foglights when there is no fog, makes me have red dots in my eyes for miles and people who pass trucks on the highway about 1 mph faster than the truck. Kill them!!!! [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 09:15 AM
Keyboard Implanted

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
why the SUV's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it has to do with the Uniroyal Tire Commercial I keep hearing on the radio all day. makes me want to throw my radio out the window and never buy another Uniroyal or SUV again....

Commercial starts out with some over excited commentary that sounds like he's selling cars, but he talks abou tyou need a tire for your SUV that grabs gravel and slings mud, and climbs rocks, and ... you get the picture... then it's the commercial is interupted by some little tart of a soccer mom, When's the last time I wanted to throw gravel nd climb rocks in my SUV, I just want to get to teh Supermarket, and pick the kids up at the mall.......... [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img] Get a mini van! or better yet, a Nomad Wagon and Restore it [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My Pet peev: How about med Heavy traffic on the interstate, and some idiot darting back and forth between lanes and not getting anywhere except closer to his grave. Also when someone tailgates me especially when there is no where to go in traffic and they fly up on my ass. I generally like to slow down. I have been known to slow to a crawl ....
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 09:34 AM

The turn signal thing really bugs me too. If I ever paid that much for a new car and the [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] turn signals didn't work, I'd take it back to the dealer and make the top off the fluid in the darn things!!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode