Revised Welcome Post - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Revised Welcome Post

The new 'Welcome' post is up. Please read it and add any comments or suggestions to this thread.

Thanks.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 11:17 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Revised Welcome Post

Bueno!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 11:51 PM

I dislike the statement on spelling. please reword it to spare my delicate feelings. as a person with poor spelling. I can't tell you how hard it is to carry on with things in my daily life, and to bring this "ogre" and stigma into my only getaway (jeeping) is very troubling to me.

spelling to not important!!!!!!!!! [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

Ha Ha....

but, really I hate the spelling/grammar thing, because I hate giving license to guys cruising the board adding no value other then correcting people's spelling and grammar.

If guys can't communicate their problems, then they are only hurting themselves. ie Social Darwinism.

all hail the new moon guy moderator manifesto. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

You'll notice that the spelling and grammer stuff is up in the <font color="red">suggestion</font color> area. If nobody can understand their question it's their problem, as you point out.

If anybody gets too carried away with the grammer and spelling correction stuff, it will be considered flaming, and fall under that <font color="red">RULE</font color>, and then they will have to deal with:

Rampaging amidst the tarmac, carrying a vorpal blade, cometh Jim_Lou! And he gives a mighty howl:

"I'm going to thrash you with such disregard for common sense, I will be high on life for years to come!!!"

and we'll see how they like it!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 12:29 AM

moon guy manifesto

<font color="red">"Hail the blood-letting! I carve into flesh until everything has croaked!!"
</font color>

and I also want to complain about the no flaming thing. what about my 1st amendment rigths [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]??????? I call it the right to first strike????

how about a limit, say one flame per thread? [img]images/graemlins/deal.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 01:40 AM

I like it! Just to be a nice board member I will even go and fill out my profile for all of ya... (though owning a cj, I wouldn't have much use for any tech info, cause they don't break.....) [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]

Anyway, I like the welcome post, clear, conscise and the bold print helps a bunch.

As for my spelling/grammar probs though, deal with 'em!!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 02:25 AM

Much better [img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img]

I really like it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,other then the,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,rules and suggestions part [img]images/graemlins/deal.gif[/img]

J/K [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img],,,,,,,,,,,,,it's good and too the point ,,,,,,,,,but I think some of the spelling might be wrong [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 02:53 AM

As long as we are mudding the water....I do like suggestion about spelling. I did run into few posts on the board where I could not make sense what poster is trying to say. Same for punctuation - at least the period. Again I have seen few posts where period at the end of a sentance would make things much easier to comprehend. Just to be clear I do not expect 'Oxford English', however I don't want to spend five minutes just to decipher the post - yes, I could just brush over the post but that defeats the purpose of this BBS. I do know that there are people from all over the world here and that sometimes there is a language barrier, but I am not referring to them as they are great minority (and actually most of their posts are very comprehensive). As it is pointed out in the 'Welcome post', there is a link to free spell checker - it does not get any easier than that.
Just for the record, English is not my native tongue (although I spent almost half of my life in US), and if I can make an effort so can everyone else. Again, I know that my English is not perfect, and I am not demanding perfection - just a little effort.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 03:35 AM

If you want something to make it to memory, you got to put it out front. It's called the primacy effect.

I think that the biggest most steadfast rules should not be buried near last. they should be first.

1. no for sale posts from newbies.
2. no rude language.
3. no yotas......
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 06:20 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Looks good to me. Short and to the point. You sure like that war cry huh. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode