Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   i roll my own (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/175444-i-roll-my-own.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 09-02-2003 04:31 AM

i roll my own

-or- any landing you can walk away from...?

topless postal Djeep + 30ish mph + locked wheels + oversteer = 1 complete rollover.

yup. did it yesterday. with a passenger.
in a residential intersection.
we were belted. not dui. no rollbar.
Djeep was only property damage & looks fixable - in time.
[img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

jdoggmoney 09-02-2003 05:53 AM

Re: i roll my own

Yikes! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Glad to hear everyone survived... for the most part. Seat belts are your friend for sure. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Jim_Lou 09-02-2003 08:36 AM

No rollbar, no top! Do you have any idea what your upper bodies were doing to avoid getting crushed? What injuries did you get?

WILL 09-02-2003 11:23 AM

Jim, it was a postal. They have a top.

AllLockedUp 09-02-2003 12:02 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
topless postal Djeep + 30ish mph + locked wheels + oversteer = 1 complete rollover.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one didn't - she was lucky!

Grapehead 09-02-2003 12:07 PM

she posted a week or so ago about cutting it off though.

complete roll with no roll bar/cage and no top? and a passenger? and you both survived? im calling shenanigans.

**DONOTDELETE** 09-02-2003 12:29 PM

no lie - not good at it.
1 complete one - landed on the tires, on the sidewalk on the corner - just above the handicapped apron.
what saved our butts? seatbelts &amp; i think possibly the fact that i only chopped the top down to the bottom window level. did that to keep the door lock &amp; plywood "hatch" intact. i got a steering wheel bruise on my thigh (couple others here &amp; there), a shoulder scuff &amp; a retarded looking shiner (siamese fighting fish's tail). my passenger tore a couple staples loose from a recent surgery. i havent seen his face yet but i took the brunt so...
only have a pc cam &amp; cant find a driver for it &amp; face in scanner trick doesnt work well but will post pix of Chucky as i can. he looks fixable - in time.
[img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]

GoldToyBox 09-02-2003 02:21 PM

Damn no pictures? [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
I hope you know how lucky you were and that this was the wake up call to get a roll bar or cage on your rig. Don't take the lesson again.
Glad to hear no one was injuried! Your not the first to do this but hopefully some one will hear about your "ride" and avoid it.
Here is a link to my mishap on the Spanish Trail:
http://highwayshouse.net/gallery/vie...mp;id=P3230113
No injuries, broken mirror &amp; 2 small dents to body. Nephew's first time driving.
[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]

WILL 09-02-2003 02:28 PM

Well, I guess I'm blind. Doh.

Wow, San Pedro. My grandparents used to live near 28th and Gaffy. I spent a few summers out there around 10 years ago.