Official Fall Badlands Run Thread - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

Official Fall Badlands Run Thread

Well upon request of the moderator and the fact the other thread was just getting long I'm starting a new official thread.

Here's the details. This is for anyone and everyone who wants to come. Jeep or no Jeep, you're all welcome. This is just friends getting together to have some fun. No t-shirts and no raffle. It appears that the weekend of Oct. 18th is the most ideal for many board members.

For lodging there have been a few ideas thrown out. One is to stay in The Attica Inn. It seems like a nice place. They quoted us $74.20 per night for the rooms with two double beds. I called to ask what the maximum occupancy was and they said they don't have one. The girl I talked to said they would probly fit 4 people. So divide that up and multiply by 2 and we're looking at $37.10 for Friday and Saturday nights. I don't mind cramming in a room with 3 of ya'll as long as you promise not to stink up the room. For those of you with significant others or privacy issues there are larger rooms available and you can get a room by yourself. There is also camping all around Attica that you can use. This hotel is just an idea, and is by no means the only option.

If anyone else has an idea for lodging please share.

The majority of the wheeling will be on Saturday. I will probly come down Friday in the early afternoon. If anyone else was in the area I'd certainly go wheeling then. Also some may go for all or part of the day on Sunday. I might try and squeeze in a few hours depending on how the weekend is going.

I don't want to be the lone co-ordinator of this event from this point on but I'll help for sure. Maybe if we all work together on this like we have been we can get a good plan down.

Now for the next part, I'm looking for a roll call. If you're going for sure, think you want to go, or have a small inkling in your mind about going let us know. The Bash was a blast and despite the breakage by some, fun was had by all. I'm sure this trip will be equally as fun.

Now please keep this thread on topic. If you're interested in going let us know. If you want to get more information let us know. But keep it on topic.

Also once we know who's going and where they are coming from we can plan convoys if needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 06:24 PM

Re: Official Fall Badlands Run Thread

Wow! What timing! My brother is driving in from California with his motorhome, and I think that's the weekend he'll be free to go play. I might even bring my 90-year-old mother along and take her on a bunny trail!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 01:19 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Planning on it, as long as the finances work out.

Last Count I had
JBTATER, Jim Lou. Baby Poo, Knife Boy, Maybee Newbie, Upalittle and I think that was the list so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 02:58 AM

I'm there, only for saturday though [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ... so i won't be needing accomodations... should be fun!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 11:08 AM

Arghhh!!!

That is weekend my brother gets married.
He would understand... but given that I am playing and singing in the ceremony I don't think my new sister-in-law would

another time, I guess
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 07:21 PM
Can't Get Enough

Yep, Kathy and I'll be there. Baring any unforseen disaster between now and then. And, of course, Rio helps me get those rocker guards made. (hint hint [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img])
We will probably opt for the hotel. Most likely a private room if we can get one.
When I mentioned it last month she said something like, "Sure, if you want to". Well, after going this weekend, when I mentioned it last night she said, "Sure!!. When is it?". It reads similar, but the tone of her voice was totally different. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 01:37 PM

I'm game. Cub Scout popcorn sales will be in full swing then and I'm a den leader, so I'll probably only be able to swing Saturday. After the crappy weekend weather, I'm moving the Scrambler outside and bringing the CJ-7 in so that I can work on it anytime and get it finished. Just ordered up a 4:1 and HD 32-spline out put for the Scrambler's D300 and may drop that in the CJ-7 for the run and switch it back later (35's on stock 3.31 gears with an auto trans).
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 08:22 PM

Yesterday I talked to my Bro, and he sounds excited about it. I think we're going to be there!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 10:10 PM
Old Hand

If you don't mind a "stranger" from Ohio and his CJ7 tagging along, I'd like to join you. I got a friend from work that is supposed to keep me awake for the drive. Since it is still 6 weeks away, mark me tentative....

Mike
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

Great. Anyone and everyone is welcome no matter how long you've been on the board. Jim and Jeepskate, great news that you can both make it. I've been wanting to meet both of you, and this will be a good opportunity. Jeepskate, you can visit with your winch, shocks, and power steering pump on my CJ if you'd like seeing as they were all yours.

Only seven people so far though, anyone else tentative? DirtDog you pondering this or no?

Everyone that has replied so far, where do you intend to stay? Anyone else wanting to split the cost of a room at a hotel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode