Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 03:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hankook Dynamic RT01 MT any good ?

Hi
Is there anyone using those ?
How do they performe ?
Compared to General Grabber MT,Cooper STT etc.

Pelle - YJ Rules [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 10:54 AM

Re: Hankook Dynamic RT01 MT any good ?

Never seen one in person. But I did read a test about them a while back. Seems they did OK except in the nasty mud. They loaded up like all the M/T's do. I will say that they do not appear to have as quite aggressive tread as some of the others. (close but looks like several other M/T's)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 05:01 PM

I never ran the Dynamic, but I had it's predecessor the T-34 on my '95 Ranger for about 6 years. It was a good tire overall, never had a flat. Only got stuck twice with them, and both times were my fault not the tires. (sat the pumpkins on the ground in a bog I had NO place being--don't matter what sort of traction you have if the tires can't touch!--and on another I managed to go into a hole where I hung the front and rear bumpers up--again, the tires couldn't grab anything to go with). When the T-34s got down to 50% tread they started getting a little squirrely on wet pavement, one of the reasons I finally got rid of them (kept one for a summertime spare though). Since the last couple years I've had the CJ, I replaced them this last spring with Toyo Open Country A/Ts. Still, for the price I was VERY happy with them as a tire, and they performed well for me. Cleared mud fairly well, did well in gravel and on trails. Had to watch them in sand though, they would dig a hole in a hurry.

If Hankook had made a tire the size I wanted, I would have owned another set for my CJ. However I had my heart set on a 33x9.50 or 33x10.50, so I ended up with the Trail Marks I'm running now. Very happy with those as well.

Bottom line: if you are trying to save a few bucks and still have a decent tire, I'd give them a go. 'Course that's just my opinion! *LOL*

This is a pic of the Ranger when it was new. At Kenai Lake playing on the gravel beach.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1178893-lakeranger.jpg (41.6 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 05:04 PM

Another shot of the Ranger, this time after a day of playing. You can see the Hankooks ok in this pic.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1178894-muddyrangersunset.jpg (34.6 KB, 1 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 05:06 PM

One final one of one of the many places I took the Ranger with those Hankooks on it. Sorry no pics of REALLY challenging stuff--I tend to not get out or make any one get out for pictures at those spots!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1178895-rangerdakotamudhole.jpg (44.4 KB, 1 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 12:56 PM
Can't Get Enough

I had them on a toyota pickup, and my son had them on his bronco. We both give them a hearty thumbs up. If they had them in sizes I need for the new truck, I would have them in a heart beat. I had 35k on them on my toyota truck, and still 50% or better tread left. (31x10.50x15)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode