Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Battery help
1. The electrolytic is toast...
2. Or the plates are sulfated.
3. Closer plates in the same size case mean more CCA's
4. That sells batteries,
5. And puts plates closer so they bang together under vibration,
6. And the junk falls to the bottom of the case,
7. Providing a nice good little path of resistance,
8. Between positive and negative,
9. Causing the battery to die...
10. As in all things, it can happen:[*]Quickly [*]Slowly, this is a shallow charge.
11. In any case, the battery drains itself.