Maryland wheeling spot - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 07:43 AM
davenjeip

Maryland wheeling spot

Anybody from the Maryland area? I just picked up a new '03 TJ Freedom and I'm looking to get a little dirt on it once the break in is through. Anybody know of anywhere good to go for some amateur trails? [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 07:58 AM
Addict

Re: Maryland wheeling spot

My ex is living somewhere around Frederick. Feel free to use her yard/house as a testing/break-in spot. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Just kidding.
No, I'm not.
Yes, I am.
Not.
[img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img]
What was the question?

Scott
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 08:32 AM
Addict

I just left MD but there is a place down near Crofton/Bowie, MD. I can't tell you exactly how to get there but do a search for Maryland Mudbugs (I think) on the web and you'll find their website. They run there almost every weekend. Good bunch and you can definitely run this spot in a stocker. Regards,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 08:37 AM
Keyboard Implanted

MD mudbugs
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 12:23 PM

What part of Maryland are you located in? I'm in the Southern Maryland area, near PAX River N.A.S. I've seen and heard of a few spots around here, but I moved from PA about a year and a half ago, so I'm still lookin too.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 12:40 PM
Mud in my Veins

A few of the Jeepster folks are in that club. I *think* they said it got closed due to "misunderstandings" between the multiple property owners...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 06:28 PM
Journeyman

I'm currently a member of that club. I was one of 27 vehicles to get ticketed for "operating an offroad vehicle (which includes tagged vehicles, thanks to a change in that law) without written permission from the landowner." To say it was a "misunderstanding" got all of us, except the club founder/leader, out of anything more than a court appearance - in my opinion, of course. I hold a different view of the whole situation. With that said, that club has hopes of establishing an offroad park in MD.

There are no offroad parks like Paragon or Rauch Creek in MD. There are some dirt roads in western MD that are considered legal "offroad trails" that a Honda could pass through. Outside of those, there are NO LEGAL AREAS to offroad in MD unless you have written permission from the land owner.

That said, there are a couple of spots, the one in Crofton/Odenton, and one up in Pasadena, that folks routinely wheel ILLEGALLY. Has my point gotten across yet? Best bet, talk offline to folks you see running around in built rigs. Someone's bound to give you some info. It won't be me though - I'm glad I got off lightly with my run in.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 07:33 PM
Old Hand

Hey Scott my ex lives close to Frederick too ,,, all these guys can go visit her yard & tell her i sent you ,,,, [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img]

Iv heard of a national park up around Hancock Md that lets you 4 wheel but they told me [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] hondas could go on it also ,,,
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 07:51 PM
Addict

Dang, that's too bad. That place in Crofton was a decent little place to wheel. I've also been to the place in Pasadena. I believe it's city property that they don't enforce really strictly. Lots of guys wheel there. Mostly ATV's and bikes though. It's right behind Fantasea's Night Club near Curtis Bay. But you did not hear any of this from me.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 11:59 PM
davenjeip

Thanks guys. I live in Pasadena and the spot we all used to go to around here (drunk in the am in full size Chevy 4X4s) is now a golf course and half a million dollar houses. We're willing to travel a bit. I've heard Geo Washington park is a good place to start but it's three hours away. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode