</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
1) About how much do you think it's worth?
2) How big of an issue is the rust?
3) When I go back to drive it Saturday is there anything in particular I should check? I will have a mechanic look at it.
4) Do these axles look like a Dana 30 and AMC 20? Will they hold up to a locker, 32" tires and moderate wheeling?
says that it came with a T-150 3 speed and a Quadratrac transfer case, but it's a four speed. How can I check the model transmission and transfercase?
6) Can I tell if the frame is straight?
7) If it checks out mechanically sound with a jeep dealer, not the one selling it, what kind of things could go wrong that they wouldn't be able to foresee?
[/ QUOTE ]
1. Not sure
2. The frame is badly rusted. It either needs to be repaired by cutting out the rust and welding in a plate or replace the frame.
3. The front brake lines are too short as evidenced by the unbolted mount at the metal to rubber line connection. Check the metal line for rub through.
4. Yes, dana 30 and AMC 20. Maybe.
5. Quadratrac never came in a CJ5 and always behind the TH400 automatic transmission. In 79, the four speed should be the T-18 and the transfer case will be the dana 20.
6. You'll just have to take a tape measure and a plumb bob to it to find out.