What's with all the hostility - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

What\'s with all the hostility

I've noticed a disturbing trend over the last couple of weeks on this board...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Squares are bad for your health

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn square headlights!

[/ QUOTE ]

What, are you guy seeing that YJ's can be built and wheeled and you are feeling threatened?

What's with all the hostility?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 09:39 PM

Re: What\'s with all the hostility

oh, jeez this is a can of worms! ( I am guessing major flame war??) Anyway, I am sticking with my rusty, oil dripping, exhaust puffing, non ac, ROUND headlight CJ....

Hehehe just had to thrown one in for all of us with CJ's we can't bear to part with. Now a TJ to go WITH the CJ, humm that'd be cool... [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 09:50 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Maybe its that time of month?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 10:56 PM

I dunno man, I love my round headlight jeeps, but I'd actually rather have a YJ than a TJ, but hey that's just me....I can get over the square headlights if I must, besides the TJ's have rectangular parking lights....what's up with that [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] You could always buy the fiberglass front end that looks like a CJ to put on your YJ........but that's a pretty penny to pay just so it looks better. anyway, if it's a shortwheel base jeep and it wheels....who the hell cares what the headlights look like [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 11:25 PM

yea, i know, but you look at a cj, and say "that thing goes anywhere and doesn't care" look at a tj and say its a cushy trail jeep (hey I think there cool) but the yj is just kinda stuck in the middle, you need a 91 up to get the good 4.0l and before that there almost worhtless.....

But a jeep is a jeep, and if it makes you happy when your wheeling it, it don't matter if its a cj a yj or old willys or new tj, there all jeeps and all cool! 'cept, round headlights are the way to go man!! [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 12:07 AM

I like to tease about "Real Jeeps have ROUND headlights", but honestly don't care too much. Most of the built jeeps I see around here are either YJs or rarely TJs. CJs like mine tend to be low dollar units and it shows. Granted, I don't care for the LOOK of YJs, but with a CJ front clip that can be cured. You might be reading good natured ribbing to be hostility when it isn't. Heck, my best friend drives a '79 Yota for his off-road rig and I don't hold his birfields against him!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 01:28 AM

exactly, anyone who wheels a cj knows theres a few quirks about em.... but we still love em!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 01:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You know, I have a YJ and my mom has a TJ. And although it is just looks, i tend to prefer my squares. While the HP in the 4.0 is nice, I prefer the handling and low end torque of my YJ. So, despite the vanity, go Squares!!
-Nick
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 03:27 AM

but the yj is just kinda stuck in the middle, you need a 91 up to get the good 4.0l and before that there almost worhtless.....

[/ QUOTE ]

uh.. worthless? "they're" not worthless at all. A 258 isn't a bad engine to start with - besides, it's in quite a few of those CJ's that you seem to worship! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The Carter carb can easily be junked for something that runs better. Actually, the only weak spot in an early YJ is the cruddy BA 10/5, but again that can easily be swapped for an AX.

the middle-ness that you refer to as a bad thing is actually what I like about my YJ. It retains the ruggedness of an earlier jeep but steers away from the cushiness of a TJ.

That being said, I sometimes wish I had a TJ on my incredibly bumpy ride to work...
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 04:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

[img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode