MadDaneCJ7 (Kasper) came to Calif from Denmark - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
Old Hand

MadDaneCJ7 (Kasper) came to Calif from Denmark

Had to a post a couple of pics from last weekend. MadDaneCJ7 (Kasper) and his brother Morton were in California last week for training at Line-X. They are opening the franchise up Denmark.

We planned to meet at Los Coyotes for a day of wheeling at a local spot. Due to forest fires the indian reservation was closed for the day. We instead dropped down to the desert floor for some fun topless 110 degree plus wheeling. We met a couple of guys in an Explorer who were going to run Los Coyotes as well, but ended up coming with us. We ended up on the Pinyon Mountain trail in Anza Borrego.

On the way to the trail: http://www.hex240.com/trails/pinyon0...3-DSC01121.htm

Here's the other vehicle's approach to the squeeze: http://www.hex240.com/trails/pinyon0...3-DSC01133.htm

My scrambler: http://www.hex240.com/trails/pinyon0...3-DSC01156.htm

This was the first trail the driver had really taken his explorer on: http://www.hex240.com/trails/pinyon0...3-DSC01168.htm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 06:28 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: MadDaneCJ7 (Kasper) came to Calif from Denmark

That looks like a good time.. I'm not sure my tj will fit through that squeeze...How far from sandiego do you have to go to wheel?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Re: MadDaneCJ7 (Kasper) came to Calif from Denmark

Chris,

Los Coyotes is about 1 hour from San Diego. It's about the best spot that close.

The place in the pictures (pinyon mountain) is a pretty easy trail. I made it through that squeeze with room to spare. My front axle is 61.25" wheel mount to wheel mount. Full Size axles would definitely push the limit. My friend has a Unimog that he couldn't get through there.

There are a bunch of places out in the desert east of San Diego (about 2 hours), but many are not as much rock crawling as desert hill climbs, ravines, ridges, etc.

Johnson Valley (ie. The hammers, outer limits, wrecking ball, etc) is about 3 hours from San Diego. It's really too hot to run from Jun-Aug, but is the best rock crawling anywhere around here. Your rig should be right at home there.

Moab is about a 12 hour drive, but is a must.

The rubicon and other sierra trails are about 11-12 hours as well.

Once you're here and settled in we'll have to head up to Johnson Valley.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode