1. Welcome to the forum.
2. Please complete your user profile:[*] It's a nice thing to do.[*] It's helps to know who we're talkin' to.[*] It helps to know what's your ride.[*]It helps to know the local in which you live.
3. Read the New Posters Message at the top of the forum.
4. Participate! Two brains are better'n one! </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Steel vs Aluminum, 1/8" vs 3/16" and a manufacturer or dealer where I may be able to purchase a set.
[/ QUOTE ] 5. Steel for mild to hard off-roading.
6. Aluminum for Looks to mild off-roading.
7. Aluminum is lighter...
8. Steel (unless stainless) will have to be painted.
9. Don't go to to a dealer,
10. That = $$$$$
11. This is something you can do yourself...
12. Order from 4WDrive Hardware, Quadratech, J.C.Whitney, Leon Rosser, etc.
13. Or better yet Mike34!
14. Then it's a drill, a bit and a little RTV... and you can do the job yourself.