TWO DAYS until the shop A/C is workin'!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2003, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

TWO DAYS until the shop A/C is workin\'!!!

[img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] We got the lines that go from the condenser to the evaporator all in and soldered today. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] We still have to run the conduit, and pull in the 240V power supply; install the thermostat circuit; and we still need to mount the dual 20 X 25 primary intake filters in the wall space that we cut out. When those details are done, we will be workin' in AIR CONDITIONED COMFORT as we finish building our all-weather Jeeplab. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Wot a pleasure that will be to see the water draining off the coils as the A/C unit strains the humidity out of the air. Plus, it's always handy to have a bucket of condensate water sitting around in the shop to cool off a hot piece of metal that we've just shortened with the GAS HATCHET. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2003, 05:54 PM

Re: TWO DAYS until the shop A/C is workin\'!!!

Well that is cool-you hope [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
What color are the lab coats going to be?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2003, 06:39 PM

A/C?? My shop only got to 112'F last Wed by the old thermo on the wall. If it's been closed up all day it's closer to 130'. A/C huh? How cool is that?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 12:12 PM
Keyboard Implanted

my shop is exactly the same temp and humidity as outside. get light and dark same time as outside. I even have the added advantage of catching a tan while working on the jeep...outside
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 12:32 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Dave, that is too cool. You know we are comming to see the new Jeep Lab...it's up to you whether you scedule the weekend or WE do .
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 01:57 PM
Keyboard Implanted

im with chris on this.. i can even.. if im lucky.. take a shower while working on my junk... i dont even have a car port... jeesh.. and youre getting a/c.. i gotta move up in the world...

and where are you again.. that requires a/c.. oh ya.. that hot and humid place of iowa?..... ya.. i hear its a jungle there... [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 05:48 PM
Official Curmudgeon

I expected to come here to see the subject line changed to;

ONE DAY until the shop A/C is workin'!!!

then tomorrow to;

The shop A/C is workin'!!!

So Dave, do you sleep at night now that you have move to the midwest?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Today was DAY ONE of the TWO required and we got some of the pesky stuff done like we had to install inner panel and insulation in two spots BEFORE the conduit can go through the wall, so now we're' ready to begin bendin' conduit and pullin' wire. We're thinking that by day's end tomorrow we'll be close to adding the Freon. You got to have power first....then Freon 22. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] We have a three-ton Fedders unit that we bagged out of the newspaper. it was a "pull out" because of low overall performance. The condenser was plugged up with dirt and plant material from being in a flower bed, and the evap coils were plugged nearly solid with fuzz, dirt, feathers from who-knows-what-kind-of-fowl, gum wrappers, pieces of duct insulation, you name it! Took the pressure washer and yours truly AN HOUR to get it clear, going first from one direction and then the other. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Best part of this A/C setup: no visible signs whatsoever from the outside. The building still looks just like an old grainery. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Let's see now: worked on a deepwell rig....outdoors in 105 degree weather; hauled baled hay........ stacked it in barns with no breeze in 100 plus weather; Worked in a wrecking yard.........in 100-plus weather and inbetween the cars it was probably 150; blah, blah, etc. etc. this guy is READY for some A/C!!!!! [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Gimme a couple of months and it should be ready fer your inspection. Everytime we go upstairs in that beautiful building and see that 10 X 32 full-size loft area the word "Jeepapartment" pops into my mind. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 04:59 PM
Old Hand

For the guys that have to work in the heat, here's what I've done. Get yourself one or two of the blower motors out of a standard household AC unit. Local AC installers just haul the old units off to the dump anyways. Wire in a 3 prong plug and your good to go. Make sure you cover the external capacity correctly to avoid shock. The blower will put out 2 tons+ of air. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode