Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: removing doors on a tj
1. The hinge pins can oxidize and
2. Other matter can cause removal difficult.
3. To get the doors off try the following:
4. Cut a length of 2X4 to fit between a floor jack and the bottom of the door frame.
5. Open the door to a 25* angle.
6. Put the 2X4 as close to the front of the door's frame (not on the lip) as possible.
7. Start to slowly raise the jack.
8. At the same time add good lubericant applied to the hinge, helps a lot.
9. As you lift the door, the Jeep weight loosens the hard door.
10. When you've got the door out use some scotch brite,
11. To burnish the hing pins and the inside of the hinge loop.
12. Apply some good lube to each hinge when you put the doors back on.
13. If the doors don't slide into place easily,
14. Then you've got to loosen the hinges (on the body, and on the door) and do a full door alingment.