Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Hmmm.....my 454bb eats everything!
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
lays alot of black, hard, small pieces. Don't think it's pieces of metal though. There's also a layer of black/grey thick fluid.
[/ QUOTE ]1. I'd bet the hard black material is parts of a seal, band or TC material.
2. Take a magnet and see if it magnetic.
3. The black/grey thick fluid is likely metallic gunk....
4. That's deposited on the bottom of the pan.
5. This is not good news.
6. IMHO... it's time to rebuild the transmission.
7. Do it yourself and save...
8. I've only rebuilt one TH350, and that was a bazillion years ago..
9. But it was easy... and didn't cost much for the parts.
10. Professional rebuilds won't be too much either,
11. If you drop and reinstall the transmission.
12. Just remember to clean the ATF cooler...
13. AND check for the warranty if you pull and re-install.
14. This may be a time to think about an upgraded AT...
15. A 455bb is mighty powerfull...