i am having a problem with my jeep skipping. i think that it is getting to much gas. i was wondering if the throttle position sensor was going bad. i can mess with this sensor and sometimes it will run fine but in high gear it will skip like crazy. if anyone has had this problem please help
4 cylinder 1988 wang. thanks for any info on this problem
1. Welcome to the forum.
2. Please complete your user profile:[*] It's a nice thing to do.[*] It's helps to know who we're talkin' to.[*] It helps to know what's your ride.[*]It helps to know the local in which you live.
3. Read the New Posters Message at the top of the forum.
4. Participate! Two brains are better'n one!
5. A TPS won't normally cause an engine to "skip"...
6. That's an unusual term....
7. Would the term MISS be more appropriate?
8. The problems now got to be narrowed down.
9. As a point to check...
10. Start with the fuel filter and the fuel pump and Fuel Pressure.