motorcraft 2100 on 258 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 02:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

motorcraft 2100 on 258

anyone out that has preformed this swap, I have a few questions.
On my intake, I have two (sensers?) that are screwed into the coolant part of my intake. One has 3 vac lines and the other has 5 vac lines. Now when I slap the motorcraft on, where should these lines go? Do I really need them?
And as far as the addapter plate, get one for the Rodchester 2bbl to Holly 2bbl right?
Thanks for any info [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 11:07 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: motorcraft 2100 on 258

Bump....my brother is ready to perform the swap and needs the adapter info also!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 01:15 AM

my roomate did this swap on his 258, worked really well, can't tell you the specifics on the swap though. I think we got the adapter from summit racing, and after that it was just a bit of tinkering, but well worth it.
heres a pic of the adaptor on his 258
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1156652-carbswap5.jpg (14.7 KB, 40 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 09:21 AM
Addict

im most of the way through this swap on mine and have a template of the throttle arm adapter i designed that bolts on to the 2100 if you guys want it.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 09:30 AM
BMB
Veteran

Adapter - Mr.Gasket #1937.

BMB
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 10:02 AM

As for the lines, you need to determine what source they are currently hooked up to. There are two types of vacuum source, ported and manifold vacuum. Essentially, manifold vacuum is highest at idle, and lowest at open throttle. Ported vacuum is taken from a port above the throttle plates, so it is non-existant at closed throttle (idle) and highest when you just start to open the throttle plates far enough to expose the ports.

As a first step, use a vacuum gauge and determine the source of vacuum these lines are currently hooked up to on the carter bbd. Label them so you can hook them up correctly on the Motorcraft. The Motorcraft carbs I've seen were from 304 AMC's and had ported vacuum from two fittings on the front, so you should be able to restore all functions. The manifold vacuum lines are probably attached to the manifold itself, and can remain in place. Be sure to use a vacuum gauge to verify the source and replacement of any lines that went to the old carb and go on to the new one.

The 2 bbl adapter is called a large two barrel to small two barrel adapter. It does fit the Holley's 2bbls as well on the larger bolt patter. I would suggest using a fuel proof sealant to attach the adapter to your manifold, and replace the slotted screws that come with the adapter with allen head screws.

Good luck with the conversion. If the carb is in good shape, you should be very happy with the results.

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode