Monster Garage we've been waiting for - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

Monster Garage we\'ve been waiting for

Well after the rock crawler dissapointment it looks like they're doing what we were asking for all along. They're turning a '73 Vette into a mud drag car. They're gonna turn it into 4 wheel drive and put some meats under it.

So far no multi thousand dollar donations....just hard work. Hope ya'll are watching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 09:53 PM

Re: Monster Garage we\'ve been waiting for

I saw it this Monday (07/21). It was interesting [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] it's a different look for 'vette ( and if i remember correctly unrealistic 3k budget)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 10:01 PM

Just saw the first freebie Nick. Wish I could get someone to give me $2000 worth of shocks. [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] I like the show, but man the budget is a joke. (they added the one guy was nervous due to the lack of parts, so he went to a buddy's for the shocks) [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 10:15 PM

2nd commercial time.........
Whats up with the 1000lbs of freebies from the "big brown truck"?
Like I said I like the show, but that stuff pisses me off since their on a budget. [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
Other than that, pretty good show and nice fab work going AWNNNN. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
(other than Jessie welding the headers upside down. hahahahah)
(also gotta add what up with them running claws, all the other shots show boggers setting everywhere) [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 10:22 PM
Keyboard Implanted

ya.. and i dig the drag race.. where he gets a running start.. and everyone else is sitting there.. what a joke.. i lost all respect for that show.. plus everyone thats on the show.. is like a shop owner.. or some big wig.. what about us little guys.. we can do just as much.. and damnitt... i need $3500 in mac tools.. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 10:30 PM

Exactly Pat. Wheres the vette when the real mud drags and playing start????
(The running start was [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img])
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

Well now that its over they did get quite a bit of freebies. Its almost turned too corporate. The Hardees food sitting everywhere...the boxes covered in Jegs stickers....the free Mickey Thompson tires....guys wearing ORW shirts....and of course Jessie promoting his company which probly gets more revinue from clothing than bikes.

But I was impressed that they custom built a new suspension...put a 9 inch in the rear and a Toy axle in the front. I was wondering how they were going to power the front axle until I saw the design. The only flaw I thought about with that, is that they are running in mud and there's no protection from the elements for the bearings or anything.

The race was a bit pathetic...but it was a fast car with those 33's in front and 35's in the rear. I'm curious what the total actual horsepower was at the wheels.

I was much more impressed with this episode overall compared to the rock crawler. It was fun to see a car that would never be thought of being a 4 wheeler doing just that.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 10:46 PM

JEGS..... yea funny how all the boxes had the logo straight at the camera. Shameless product promotion. But, I don't care. It's a fantasy show, so why not just let the silly corps. donate thousands in parts.

I liked the full time 4wd. I didn't think it would hold up. I also would have atleast put a plexi glass hood on it. Why cover the freebies with a hood you can't see threw.

All in all a good episode. Then again, I have really low expectations for free entertainment, never disapointed that way.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 10:58 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
i need $3500 in mac tools..

[/ QUOTE ]

Better add another "0" or maybe 2 to the end of that or are you just wanting the basics? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I once walked off the Snap-On truck $2500 lighter and carried everything out in one arm full [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I'd hate to add up everything I've spent on tools in my life but then when you turn wrenches for a living you need good tools.

Now if I could just find a good computer tool kit with some decent tools in it, like ones with screwdrivers that don't get their ends striped the first time you use them [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] man I hate cheap tools [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

You guys keep talking about this show but never think of us poor dialup, can't get cable, because nobody cares about us, out in the country living folks [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]...... so we can't see it but you keep teasing us with it [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] ......Oh well I rather be out working on my own stuff anyway [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

We should build a Jeep out of all our spare parts-n-pieces and challange them and show them what us little guys can do!!!!! I bet we'd do some [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img]ing!!!!!!!!
Can you imagine what we could probally build if we all banned together??? [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 12:16 AM
Old Hand

Cool Show. Just hated to see them chop up that vette. As for the freebie, gimme a break. It's turned into a product show case. I bet their phone never stops ringing with companies trying to get their products on there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode