Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   Interesting update about Hawaii TTC (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/171551-interesting-update-about-hawaii-ttc.html)

W.C. 07-17-2003 07:34 PM

Interesting update about Hawaii TTC

So this is the latest twist,,,,,,,,,, twice, before the Hawaii TTC event (in two
seperate phone converations, one week before the drivers meeting) I
specifically asked the event director if the rocks were to be timed as part of the scoring. I was told, No, only the 10 minute limit to complete the course. He told me that due to safety reasons, he wanted to get the speeds to a minimum.

Then, when I received the writen "rules and regulations" [img]images/graemlins/deal.gif[/img] at the drivers meeting, there is no mention of elapsed timing, only the 10 minute time out.

Then at the "line up" at the start of the event, still no mention of timing of the rocks.

[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]

Then when the results where posted I saw that there were elapse times for the rocks and these times were also used as part of the scoring. Many of the other competitors seem to have know about this timing but I was told it was not to be used.

The point of the matter is, it seems I was told wrong information(more
then once) by the people running this event that would effect how I
would "approach" the rock course. I would'nt have run
it so slow if I knew it was being timed and by running it slow, I threw way any chance of winning. I really feel I got screwed,,,,,,,,,,,but at this point I don't know what else I can do about it. I tried to contact the event director (more then a few times) to get his point of view but he will not respond.
Oh well,,,,,,,,this has really spoiled my view of competing, it's taking the fun out of it. I hope I'm not sounding like a "bad loser" but I know I could have done better if I was not told this misinformation.
[img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img]

babypoo 07-17-2003 07:56 PM

Re: Interesting update about Hawaii TTC

I wouldn't let it ruin your whole outlook on the sport. Even though that's unfair and it sucks. Have you tried getting in contact with any of the major sponsers or someone covering the event. Or is there a board that deals with these type of issues.
John
[email protected]

knifeboy2 07-17-2003 08:12 PM

Re: Interesting update about Hawaii TTC

That does definately suck. Would it affect your placement in the overall standings? And if so would it affect any financial outcome? The event director can't avoid you forever...so just wait for the day you get ahold of him and give him your mind.