In trouble with the better 1/2 due to Jeep dreams - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Location: Milwaukee(which is algonquin for the good land)WI U.S.A

In trouble with the better 1/2 due to Jeep dreams

I work third shift and this morning my fiance' was having her tonsels removed. So I got off work ran to the doctors and waited for three hours to take her home...I had not slept yet and she was very tired due to the drugs and that she had barely slept last night because of anticipation. We got home got her comfortable and went to sleep. Somewhere in our peaceful sleep my fiance' was awoken by a horrible sound...it was me yelling about the Jeep and the swing out tire carrier I am in the middle of building. Now dreaming about your Jeep is one thing but as soon as she told me this, my first thought was "did she remember what I said, maybe I had a good idea or I did something wrong". I think I may be in the dog house because I was not dreaming of her, instead of the Jeep. So any suggestions or comments on how to handle tis situation would be appreciated.
John
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 07:09 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: In trouble with the better 1/2 due to Jeep dreams

No suggestions for curing your dream patterns, but just a friendly "Your not alone." I to will jump up in the middle of the night yelling about something about the jeep or truck. This is almost guaranteed if I am very tired, and have had the opportunity to discuss (civil, rational discussion)with my brother-in-law or someone else that is claiming dominance over my turf.

Better tell her to learn to live with it.

HINT: Never have an affair and let it get you all worked up. You would hate to have an argument with your "affair" while your wife listened. (This is not from personal experience, just sounds like good advice.)

post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 07:28 PM
Official Curmudgeon

Well, apparently I don't talk in my sleep because I've never got in trouble for it, HOWEVER:

I was still in the early stages where I hadn't really convinced the girl to go out with me yet. I was considerably better of financially than she was. She had a dream one night that she has made some ham & beans and brought some to my door. In her dream, I told her that I didn't eat ham & beans because I DIDN'T HAVE to.

Well, for some reason, I was in trouble for her dream even though I do like ham & beans. She eventually moved in, can anybody guess what she fixed for dinner the first night? Does anybody think I was surprised?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 07:40 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: In trouble with the better 1/2 due to Jeep dre

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Better tell her to learn to live with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely!!! Never show weakness. Now you can apoligize [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]for disturbing her ....but not for the content.

Once a woman gets you on the ropes [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img], so to speak, ....she'll never let up in manipulating your behavior [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img]. Be strong [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Location: Milwaukee(which is algonquin for the good land)WI U.S.A

Thanks for the wonderful suggestions on how to deal with the misses and the Jeep. I would have thought she'd understand considering she's a Jeep owner herself.
John
[email protected]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 01:25 AM

I think any woman that would get PO`d over her guy having a Jeep dream, has some serious insecurity
issues that I would be afraid of. I think it`s pretty stupid and I`m sure glad my wife isn`t like that.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 02:18 AM
Stranger

I'll take a stab at this and say that it's probably not so much that you were dreaming about your Jeep as much as she was now awake to feel the discomforts of her surgery. And she'll probably be the first to say so once she feels better... [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Just my .02 worth

LargeAl
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 03:47 AM

You could always try the..

"Well if you want to swap places with the Jeep and go sleep in the Garage... then I'll think about you more then my Jeep. -- Which ever one of you two who wants to sleep in the garage can have me dream about you."
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 10:33 AM
Addict

Just be glad you didn't name your Jeep Cheryl, Bambi, or some other woman's name. That would have made it alot worse. I can here it now, "But I was dreaming about the Jeep, Honestly"......
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 10:46 AM
M38

I work Third Too, My Wife wants too chatter all morning long, while I want to relax, sometimes with my jeep.

She doesn't understand either.

Women, Can't live with them----Can't shoot them

Clint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode