Mounting new glass tub
I am currently sweating over placing my tub on the frame. I am terrified that I will not get the tub squared with the frame while doing all the drilling and mounting. The assembly tape that came with my kit does not show enough detail for my dumb redneck brain to absorb how to acheive the right result. Can someone give me some walk-through instructions that a layman can grasp as far as squaring the tub with the frame??
Re: Mounting new glass tub
1. Mount the Grille,
2. Mount the Fenders to the Grille.
3. Place the tub forward to the Fenders.
4. This gives you the forward to back placement.
5. Now get a tape measure.
6. Measure the Tub between the outside edge of the Rockers,
7. To the outside edge of the frame rail,
9. On Both sides...
10. Make both measurements the same.
11. Locker 'er down and drill.
12. If you want,
13. Put a piece of tape on the bottom of the tailgate area of the tub.
14. Do the same for the rear cross-member.
15. Mark center on the tape of both the rear cross-member and the tub.
16. Line 'em up...
17. The tub's now centered over the frame.
18. It worked for mine!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1994-2009, VerticalScope Inc. // Off Road forums & discussion groups sitemap
side by side | atv | dirtbike | snowmobile | sandsport | competition | land use | Jeep | Toyota | Ford | GM