Mr. Sensitivity, calling Mr. Sensitivity: URE trip - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Mr. Sensitivity, calling Mr. Sensitivity: URE trip

OK, just got back to work from a weekend at URE. Got to meet yet another SWB member. Aarron... I think Aarron871 or something like that was your login... sorry don't recall... oh damn, did I just hurt your feelings again? [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Let's see, from this board we had who, CaverDave, Lomodyj, Aarron(whatever the numbers were), and myself.... I think that was it. What a weekend, that was a blast!

Friday, get there about 4pm, set-up camp. There's some talk of a nnght run so I slide under my CJ to install the front driveshaft which I hadn't put back on since I installed the T-18. That's when the rains came! At least I was on asphalt right? [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Come to realize that I don't have a stubby 1/2" wrench to get in to the tight area around the D20to tighten down the u-bolts... after some fumbling around with an assortment of tools, I finally ask one of our other guys to torch my wrench in half, now I have a stubby, get it installed, and we head out shortly there after.

Aarron arrives as we are heading out, so we wait on him. NOTE: Aarron just drove from Raliegh to Charlotte (abuot 2 hrs), took 10 minutess to load up and hook up his CJ, and toad it back in the same general direction1.5 hours) he unhooked and we headed out. after a couple ...um.. complications with the park ranger, we hit the trails.

To touch on the highlites...

1. the funniest part of teh entire trip was watching Dave hitting this one obstacle ovver and over and each time he made Mossy look like a Jiffy pop pan with all his fluids, tools, supplies, and new speaker box Flying out the back! He'd hit it, everything would fly out, he'd get out look at a better way to get up , put his stuff back in, hit it, everything would fly out.. he;d get out.......... you get the picture, this happened 4 times, until he just stayed on it and drug that over exteded ass end up the trail..... It wasn't until the next moring that he saw the damage he'd done.. if only we had a camera! He bent ALL 4 SPRINGS!!!! and Inverted his front Shackles! [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] He basically tacoed teh front main leaf infront of the spring perch and twisted the rears from axle wrap.

the best part was the fix.. they bottle jacked the bend in the front springs and, get this, duct taped the begeezus out of them. flipped the shackles back around and hit the trails.

Too funny!

The topic of this thread came from Saturday night. Aarron was riding my butt about going out again Saturday night, but by then I was beat, My Cj was bleeding out the Tailshaft Yoke seal, I had a noise that i thought was coming from the newly install T-18, ended up it was an exhaust leak between the header and collector on passenger side. So i turned Aarron down adn retired to teh showers. On the way back to teh campsite someone said there was an old Waggy that was abandoned on one of the trails and was being stripped of parts. That sparked my interest! so I headed out with a couple others after Dave and Aarron had left. Some how we got to the waggy before them and I found myself a nice set of Exhaust manifolds off the 360 that was left to rot in the woods. Note: the waggy had been flipped upside down, the frame pulled off, the engine and T-18 ( the t-18 now missing) were out and on the ground. Supposiby the guy signed the pink slip and through it int he seat and walked off.

When Aarron saw i was up there he was jsut so hurt [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] that I didn't ride with him.... riding my arse about it too. So I finally dropped my tools looked at him, and asked if he was really that sensitive... Everyone errupted in laughter...... [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Aarron, It was great to meet you, you're a blast to ride with and too funny to camp with.. can't wait to hit the trails with you again! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

This has been long enough so I'll sign out and get to work...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Addict

Re: Mr. Sensitivity, calling Mr. Sensitivity: URE trip

yeah, actually my buddy james has the title to that waggy if anyone wants it....

it used to have a set of 38's on it......now they live under my buddy matt's truck.

glad to hear you guys had fun. i was worried about the weather for y'all.

we saw some trailer queens headed that way on 40 while we were headed to the beach thurs. had GREAT weather at the beach tho...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 12:21 PM
Mud in my Veins

"Mr. Sensitivity".. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And later, he passed out quicker than than a bat to head! Wassup with that Mr. S ?? [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Mr. Sensitivity, calling Mr. Sensitivity: URE

Yup, Mr Big Bad Mr. S...

Sad, such a waste of air...

Andrew got in LoModYJ on Saturday AM after the night ride with Mr. S. and said "oooo, this is much nicer!" Hey Aaron, maybe some Hawaiian print seat covers are in order...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 01:21 PM
Pooh-Bah

Dave, Why didn't you pull the springs off the Waggy for yours?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 02:13 PM
Mud in my Veins

Cause they were gone [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ...along with the 38"s, axles, tranny, TC, & anything else worth a hoot. Some how, the entire engine was still sitting there unmolested... until Sat. evening when they (we) stripped the heads.

I did find a nice set of Craftsman slip-joint pliers wedged in the wiring under the dash! (tub was upsidedown [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Ya, there wasn't much left by the time we got to it... but I did get me some Exahust manifolds [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyone need a AMC V8 Intake? I know where one is sitting in the woods!!!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 03:14 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Yahoos in woods with AMC360 at night [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1146951-URE71203033s.jpg (39.5 KB, 1 views)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Hey! that's my Good side! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 03:24 PM
Keyboard Implanted

And is that Cavers good side?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode