Join Date: Nov 2002
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
a little o/t - ZJ 4.0 will not start
Thought I would post here before trying the mid-size forum..., you guys always seem to have good advice. Here goes....
1. I flushed the cooling system in my wife's ZJ (Grand Cherokee). It has the 4.0. Has about 97,000 miles on it.
2. Got a little bit of water sprayed around the engine compartment..., not a whole lot, but enough to make a mess. It is my personal opinion that those flush and fill kits aren't worth the three or four bucks you pay for them.
3. After cleaning up the mess, I started the engine. It ran for about 20 seconds.., sounded fine, started to idle rough and then it died.
4. Have not been able to get it started since. It will turn over, but will not start. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
5. Have checked the following: checked all of the fuses on the power center under the hood + in the fuse panel in the cab just to be sure, checked the OBD codes.. got 12 and 55... which is just battery has been disconnected and end of cycle, fuel pressure is good.. around 31 psi, ohm'd the coil - primary was good.. but my meter does not read high enough to ohm the secondary, made sure distibutor cap was not wet, checked the spark.. and had spark at 5 of the 6 plugs... #6 is a pain to get to, ohm'd the injectors..they are all good (will be getting a noid/test light to verify they are firing when the parts stores open up)
6. I am at a loss..., anyone have any suggestions on what to check next or what I did to screw this thing up??? Thx.