T-case questions, prepare for lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2003, 09:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

T-case questions, prepare for lift

Greetings all, After reading everyones replies to my lift questions and analyzing the amount of debt i will be in the next few years, I have realized that, sadly, I cannot afford a Skyjacker lift, and the BDS with the warranty is great but to expensive for my purposes, therefore, I am going to go with the ProComp 4", at least it has had a few good words you know? Still lookin for some jeepers in the Riverside, Ca area! Where are you!!!
On to my question...me and my friend are going to install this lift ourselves, any advice is welcome, and I would really appreciate some explanation of how to install the t-case lowering kit, and maybe what problems i could expect.. Thanks all
-Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2003, 10:08 PM
Veteran

Location: Milwaukee(which is algonquin for the good land)WI U.S.A

Re: T-case questions, prepare for lift

This lift is going on a YJ correct...Lotsa' PB Blaster to help with rusted bolts spray...soak...spray again...soak...spray again...etc. you get the point if that doesn't work you may want to have some heat on hand. Make sure you put the springs in their correct location I have seen them put on backwards the front springs on one side rears on the other. As far as the drop kit goes soak the bolts in the bottom of the skid plate in Blaster...and go through that again lower the whole kit n' kabutal on a jack slip in spacers and bolt back up. This will tilt the front of the engine up and you may have clearence problems with your fan shroud, you may also have clearence problems with your shifters and their linkage.
John
[email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2003, 11:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks John, i will keep this all in mind, is there any way ti eliminate the vibration in the drive lien without using a lowering kit so as not to throw off my shift linkages? oy oy oy so much t think about [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 12:59 AM

I lived in riverside once. and in Moreno Valley.

There used to be lots of trails, and the bad lands were always fun. but just a little dangerous (lots of weirdoes driving out there to shoot guns at abandoned cars.)

we used to go up into the box spring mountains at night. Way cool.
[img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
PS bring a fire extinguisher anywhere you go wheeling out there.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 01:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I live in Moreno Valley, and i have gone up to Box Springs mountain a few times, but no heavy exploring yet. I was riding a trail up by the 60 freeway and Nason (if you know where that is) a while ago and some wierd ppl were hanging out off to the side staring at mew for bout 10 minutes, needless to say the started moving, so I turned around and left. LoL. Kind of scared of the conspicuous hick element you know? Where in MoVal did you live.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 02:03 AM

on alesandro near moreno beach drive. back when it was called sunnymead. I used to ride my motorcycle where they built that golf course.

population of MV was 20K when I moved in and 200K when I left.

nason crosses cooton wood ?right?

I used to ride the fire road up to the radio towers on M mouintian evry day. [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 02:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yup, crosses cotton wood right before it crosses alessandro. Thats right by the Moreno Beach intersection. Must look for more of these trails, haven't gone for aout two months now, my tires are in need of beign replaced and i dont have the money, im trail sick. Pulled some guy out of the sand the other day though, had to use 4-wheel, somewhat remedied my pain. haha
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 02:17 AM
Veteran

Location: Milwaukee(which is algonquin for the good land)WI U.S.A

The only reason I know of that problem is I currently have the same one, your shifters will still work unless you have clearence issuses with the body but the may go squeak. So far as can figure and I have done a post on this already a slip yoke eliminator kit is the best option and also the most expensive (I'm poo that's not misspelled I just can't afford the "r" currently). They do make a bracket that changes the mounting point for the transfer case linkage from the body to the tranny housing I believe the cost is $56.00. But I going to the steel yard tomorrow to buy some stuff to make a tire carrier with and I'm going to pick up some flat stock as well and see if I can fab up one of those mounts as well(biggest problem, I have less time than money). Here's what I would do...put on the t.c. drop kit and see what happens I know some people who haven't had any problem with them...but look at it as a temporary solution, and buy an SYE kit when you can comfortably afford it.
John
[email protected]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 02:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was reading a little on the SYE, but I do not totally understand what it is that it does, same scenario was the CV driveshaft, I am tryign to take all this stuff in, but some of it i dotn have enough background knowledge of. I willl look for that post of yours though to see if it helps.
-Nick
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 02:34 AM

I'm still running the T case drop, and yes it is a temp. I get some vibes when I decelerate.

my 89 1/2 has the AX15 (5 spd) and there are no bracket to the body, all shifter brakets are connected to the trans and T case. the T case drop was a 10 min. install.

I have been putting off the SYE to do with a rear end swap.

and nick the big deal about an SYE is the relocation of the slip joint to the rear drive saft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode