When will it ever be done? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2003, 10:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

When will it ever be done?

I am quickly losing my patience working on my Jeep. It's been March since I drove it. Back in March, my clucth starting going out on me and I thought hey instead of replacing the clutch and spending $$$, I should just drop in a v-8, T-18 and dana 20. Fast forward to today and it is still sitting in my garage. I got the motor and trans in, but am having a difficult time with the t-case. It is so close to done it is driving me nuts! Between finding time to remodel the master bath, repaint the upstairs ceilings and walls, work on my 69 Charger, mow the lawn and then find time to eat, sleep and go to work, I think I will go crazy. Each year I always say do one thing at a time, that never works and it doesn't make sense. Anyway, I will post some pics when I 'm done. Oh and I got to find time to repaint my Jeep, do some welding and make up some new rocker gaurds. Oh and then I have to wiring in a line for towing a trailer. Oh and then the gauges....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2003, 10:27 AM
Addict

Re: When will it ever be done?

patience, my son.

it took me 2 years to complete my ranger 302 swap, and i remember feeling like you do now on more than a few occasions.

but trust me, it will be finished, and you will grin ear to ear for weeks after the first test drive.

[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2003, 10:35 AM
Keyboard Implanted

OOOOOOOO! a Jeep and a '69 Charger! you're my kinda guy! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

Watcha got in the charger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2003, 10:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Brent, the Charger has a 440 with a Barry Grant 850 Double Pumper. Automatic, but I have a 4 speed overdrive sitting on the bench. With 4.30 rear, it is hard to drive on the highway. Want to talk about git up and go, if I can get the tires to hook up, your in for a real ride.
I got the Jeep because I was getting into too much trouble going fast, so I said I will try to take it slow. (Don't know how slow once the 360 in the Jeep is running!)
Anyway, what I get from patience working on the Jeep, will come in handy this winter when welding on quarters and such to the Charger. One day it will be all done, then what do I do?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2003, 11:36 AM
Addict

i thinkn thats what i worry about most is not having something to work on. thats why my front yard is a home for wayward and neglected 4x4's
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2003, 11:39 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Watcha got in the charger?

[/ QUOTE ]

Havn't you seen the commercials? You should have asked "Does that thing have a Hemi? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I love those commercials cracks me up every time. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2003, 11:53 AM

I can totally feel your pain. Between trying to get the exterior of the house painted, moving 70 plus yards of fill dirt into the backyard, building a new fence, brewing beer for my friend's wedding, making sure I spend some time with the Jeep Chick (that's for self preservation [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) and all of the other things I need to get done there is the '55 Bel Air that has been sitting in the garage for almost 2 years now wating for the resto to start. Keep pluggin' away man, it'll all get done in tme.

[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2003, 12:31 PM

Only March????????????????!!

tsk tsk tsk................Try year 2000, when I began my tear down and rebuild. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode