Roll over entertainment - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2003, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Roll over entertainment

Thought ya'll could use some entertainment ... at my expense [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
The worst part is that it was the first of two rolls that day. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Just wait a minute for the images to load and click 'Refresh' to watch the animation.
Pro-ROCK'n Roll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2003, 06:28 PM
Old Hand

Re: Roll over entertainment

JAF,

Glad to see you're still out there. Looks like the "Princess" is going to need a little TLC. I guess at this point why even run a hood. It could be your trademark look (I think it already is).

Any damage other than body crinkle?

Nice sequence of pics.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2003, 08:05 PM
Keyboard Implanted

well.. atleast you didnt mess up the hood... [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2003, 08:25 PM
Way Outta Control

1. Dang it, it's enough to bring a grown man to tears.
2. John, you've got a demented source of fun!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2003, 10:36 PM

Those damn cones are a lot harder to climb than anyone could imagine, arent they? [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Dang John that was painfull to watch. Looks like the beautifull princess got her tiarra knocked in the dirt.

How do you get away with competing without a hood, you know how much time I could save pounding out dents, if I didnt have to run a hood.

On the same note. Kathy just went for her first rollover last weekend. She stayed in the rig while I tried an insane line on the Rubicon, and we rolled 1 1/4 times, HARD on her side,....she dug it, but then she nearly crushed me scrambeling up and out on my side, as I was still unbuckeling. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Good to see your all right, hope the damage was minimal, and only cosmetic.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2003, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Pro-ROCKS never required a hood like most promoters, Jeff.
The requrements for having one is obvious, but I've yet to see a spewing radiator in a competition so ...
Glad to hear Kathy is alright, your rig has a great cage and I'm sure those additional side bars helped considerably to protect her. I'm adding something similar to come up to RCAA specs.
And I know how she felt ... hanging in the belts is no fun and the last place you want to be once the excitment is over.
I really didn't want to subject the Princess to any further competition damage ... she's been dinged every time I've entered and I had a feeling this might happen. But my new rig went on hold due to my builder, Jim Peterson, developing a serious heart condition so it was either join in on what's left of the season and run the baby or stand on the sidelines.
I guess I found out the hard way that the new Pro-ROCKS slogan "We won't roll you in Stock-Mod class" is bull$[bleep] since four in eight competitors, including Jeff Mellow and Matt Sisson (both top ranked RCAA and UROC drivers) went over also ... me twice! The coarses were pure twisty, off-camber, harder than hell torture ... but I guess it wouldn't be a very good contest any other way. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Here's a couple more pics ...
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep/Pr...3/FarmPR03.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode