Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Whistles while it works
1. The TBI to Adapter,
2. And Adapter to Manifold.
3. My guess is that the adapter to TBI is leaking,
4. It's a common problem,
5. With my Howell I had to goop the heck outta it.
6. The other problem may be the IAC motor.
7. Remove it, and examine the pintle and it's seat.
8. Both must be clean, or the Jeep won't idle.
9. Also take a look at the EGR.
10. It's got to be sealed...
11. I don't run mine, and it's plugged off.
12. Spray some Carb Cleaner around the gaskets,
13. If the RPM changes, it's sucked in the cleaner,
14. And you've found your leak.
15. Have you pulled the ECM codes?
16. Have you flipped into Road Test mode and watched the SES Lamp?