1. After 7 years looking for it...
2. I finally found the contents of the Ride Height Adjustment Kit
3. Contents to follow:
Ride Height - Rear Adjustment Kit
1976-86 CJ-7 MODELS
REAR RIDE HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT
A rear ride height adjustment kit is now available for service use on 1976-86 CJ7 models, The method of adjusting rear ride height on models with a side-to-side height variance.
Rear ride height measurement and kit installation (if necessary) are as follows:
Rear Ride Height Measurement
1. Position the vehicle on a level surface.
2. Check and adjust tire inflation pressures as necessary.
3. Check spring and spring shackle action by jouncing the vehicle at all four corners. The split shackles should operate freely and not bind.
NOTE: Rust buildup on the spring leaves may cause a spring to bind. Lubricate the ends of all leaves with engine oil.
4. Jounce the vehicle front and rear end to be sure the springs are in a neutral position.
5. Check rear ride height at both sides of the vehicle. Measure height from the floor to the top of each wheel opening.
6. Compare the heights recorded at each rear wheel opening. A side-to-side variance of less than (3/4 inch) is normal and adjustment is not required. However, if sideto-side variance is greater than specified, adjust height as outlined in the Rear Ride Height Kit Installation procedure.
Rear Ride Height Kit Installation
1. Raise and support the vehicle.
2. Determine which kit is required by measuring axle tube diameter.
a. AMC axles have a 63.5 mm (2 1/2 inch) diameter tube. Use kit 8983 100 043.
b. Dana axles have a 69.8 mm (2 3/4 inch) diameter tube. Use kit 8983 100 044.
NOTE: The adjustment spacer (A) and locating peg (B) in the kit are installed on the side havi measured ride height. For example, if left side height is 31 inches and right side heigh install the spacer on the side that measured 32 inches to lower that side.
3. Remove the original spring U-bolts from the side to be adjusted.
4. Raise the axle enough to install the spacer (A) and locating peg (B) between the axle spring and the top spring leaf.
5. Align the the spacer (A) on the spring top leaf and seat it on the the spring center bolt (D)
6. Insert the locating peg (B) in the spacer (A) as shown.
7. Lower the axle and seat the locating peg (B) in the axle spring seat (C).
8. Install the longer U-bolts (E) supplied in the kit. Tighten 9/16 inch diameter U-bolts to 13 (ft.lbs) torque. Tighten 1/2 inch diameter U-bolts to 75 N-m (55 ft.lbs) torque.
9. Remove the supports and lower the vehicle.