OT - paintball tanks on junkyard wars - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Addict

OT - paintball tanks on junkyard wars

ok so me and some of my buddies have been playing paintball for years and now that lots of us have jeeps ive been trying to convince the rest of them that we should have a paintball war with a driver and gunner in each vehicle (appropriate safety gear of course) in a light cover type open field.

is my gf right and im the most demented person ever or have any of you others ever had this idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 09:08 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Re: OT - paintball tanks on junkyard wars

I've never had that idea, but it sounds like a blast!!! Think those paintball could do some body damage to the Jeep(not that most of use care much)?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Addict

that was my buddies' concern, their jeeps are not spray painted like mine.

a paintball travels around 280 fps leaving the barrel, enough to raise a welt through clothing. would maybe leave hail type dents. i donmt know about breaking windshields. i mean they will break windows but i dont know about auto glass. they fold down for a reason tho right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 09:49 PM
Journeyman

Well,how's about refridgerator cardboard armour?
I can see it now:Paint Ball Tank Commander.
2 colours per team,one for infantry,one for
armour or mechanized.Gee,regular warfare games
for civilians.
Know anyone with ultralights?
What's the limmits of legality involving
aircraft and paintballs?
I think I'm scaring myself. [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 10:40 PM
Old Hand

we used to play tag with our Jeeps 4 or 5 of us would chase each other around a lightly wooded area & bump into each others bumberets to pass the tag off ,, got nasty sometimes.... [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] started out little bumps ended up raming into each others rearends ,,, That was the birth of rock bumpers I believe ,,,, Have shot a few potato guns from a open Cj ,,,,but never a paint gun ,,, sounds cool though ,,, count me in [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2003, 04:05 AM

Heck, with the FAA's funny stance on ultralights in general you could probably get away with it!

Count me in! Most of the tub on the CJ5 has been replaced with thicker metal than stock, so I'm not worried about dents....and that gawdawful metal hardtop wouldn't dent if you hit it with a 12lbs sledge!

Seriously sounds like fun. 'Course paintball is a summer sport only in Alaska.....frozen paintballs HURT!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2003, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Addict

hahha frozen paintballs. them suckers hurt.

this uhhhhh guy i heard of used to leave some paintballs in the freezer overnight then take a small cooler full to the field. makes for some nasty welts. sounds pretty mean tho uhh id never uhh do that
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2003, 10:06 AM

They use vehicles converted to "tanks" in large paintball scenario games. Often times it's minivans with the windows replaced with plywood with gun cut-outs and paint-grenade launchers. They have to be hit a certain number of times with a certain color paint that represents "armor-piercing rounds" to be knocked out of the game for a certain number of hours for "repairs".

The most successfull "tank" so far is a sandrail. Most of the shots fired at it go right through the bars, and it's very quick and agile.
Tippman has an off-road go-cart with a grenade-launcher and a variable-speed rotating gatling gun (uses a portable electric drill to spin the barrells and fire the chambers)

I've been thinking that the next natural evolution of this would be radio-controlled air-support vehicles. Armed RC planes and helicopters that can drop "bombs" and perform strafing runs [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2003, 01:13 PM

Personally I always wanted to take paint ball guns up skiing and have people scatter. You would be getting hit on/from lifts, while skiing and such. Sorta James Bond like.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2003, 02:33 PM

Except paintball guns work on expansion, and the cold tends to limit that. You'd definately have to run compressed air and an expansion chamber on the 'slopes or you'd be shooting liquid CO2 out the barrell. Also, the paintballs might freeze in the gun, and expand, and scratch the hell out of the barrell (not to mention hurt like crazy).

But yeah, paintball skiing would be really cool as long as you can avoid the trees
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode