Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: WHAT MATERIAL TO USE FOR FRONT BUMPER?
2. What are you trying to accomplish?
3. If you make it too strong...
4. The blows transfered to the frame and
5. You're in big trouble.
6. I agree with Brent
7. I have round tubes, but then,
8. I paid more for shipping than I did for the bumpers!
9. If you want strong...
10. Get two lengths of Triangular tube,
11. And weld them back to back...
12. Triangles are pretty darned strong.
13. Otherwise go with the 2x4 tube,
14. It's strong,
15. And easily worked and welded.