Ford 5.0 Jeepers --> wiring question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2003, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Ford 5.0 Jeepers --> wiring question

Hello All,

I've got a question in regards to pin 30 on the EEC shown in the picture below. I don't have the CES or NGS. Is it necessary to connect pin 30 (NDS) to pin 46 (SIG RTN)? I'd just like to find out what other Ford FI 5.0 Jeepers have done. Thanks for your help.

Lee

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2003, 11:27 PM
Enthusiast

Re: Ford 5.0 Jeepers --> wiring question

Uhhh...I just plugged in the ford motorsport computer to the ford motorsport wire harness. Are you custom doing each wire? There was only about 10 wires to hook up when I did the conversion, and they were simple (ex: hook black to ground, this one to 12v hot, this one to ignition, this one to battery ground, etc). Can you give some more details?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2003, 12:45 AM
Swansonoldcj

Check out zandm.com all they do is 5.0 swaps. I found them cause I have acess to a complete 5.0 (except for the ecu,but the harness is there!)and was curious as to what is involved. haven't contacted them yet cause i still like my 258 tractor motor...but if it pisses me off.!.!..... good luck! gas. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2003, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Nope.... I'm not custom doing each wire. I have the harness and computer from a 1990 5.0HO out of a Mustang GT. I do not have either the NGS or CES mentioned above so therefore I currently have an open circuit between pin 30 and pin 46. I'm wondering if the computer requires these two pins to be shorted before it will allow the motor to start. On the other hand, if all the signal is used for is to disable cruise control then I shouldn't have to hook it up. Did your computer and harness come out of a donor vehicle or did you purchase it from Ford Motorsports? If you purchased it then perhaps this signal has already been taken care of inside your wiring loom.

Lee
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2003, 09:27 AM
Enthusiast

I purchased mine. I would hook it up without shorting or grounding any of the extra wires. There were things I didn't hook up such as cruise control, A/C relay (at first), etc, and they didn't effect it at all. Not there was one black wire on the driver's side of the loom somwhere around where the coil wire was that did need to be gounded before the engine started. The motorsport instruction manual takes you through the critcal wire to hook up.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2003, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input. I'll leave it unconnected and see what happens. If the wire you are talking about is Black with Green Tracer then I've already got it covered. This is pin 40 & 60 in diagram above. Also I see that pin 20 is black and it is case ground. I'll make sure it is grounded as well. Regards.

Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode