Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Burning up ignition modules........
1. Dury, the coil voltage is stitched when the ignition key,
2. Is switched from ON to RUN.
3. The resistor wire is a THICK RED wire, about 48" long.
4. The Resistance is built into the wire.
5. It serves the same function as a ballast resistor.
6. Painless Wiring and other Aftermarket wiring do NOT contain the Resistance wire.
7. You need about a Resistance wire (AutoZone (Wells) p/n F799),
8. It will drop the voltage.
9. Also, make sure that the grounds:[*] Engine to frame,[*] Frame to Tub,[*] Fenders to Tub,[*] Battery to Engine,
are all there, and in good shape.
10. A compromised/floating ground can fry modules big time...