Damage Report from Uwharrie... anyone?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Damage Report from Uwharrie... anyone??

OK, who broke what???? Funny how the easy stuff seems to break lots of parts. We had a great weekend. The welcomed rain made this a slippery, fun mess. Friday night was filled with mud, over-rev'ed engines,spinning tires, broken glass, rain-soaked clothes, and for me, a broken D60 front U-joint.
As expected, Pat left his stuff at home. What stuff you ask?? Well, lets put it this way..He just showed up with the company truck.. I guess Chris and Tracy had to supply EVERYTHING else. I supplied the ride for him..One big question...Does he REALLY have a jeep?? Did he borrow a camera, dog and jeep for the photo??
I know some of y'all claim to heve seen this jeep, but, maybe y'all were in some sort of trance, and were convinced he had one. Just a thought.
We got to meet a new BBS member Aaron. He was lots of fun to be around, and certainly fits in with the rest of us misfits. He did kinda of..well ummm, disappear Saturday night. In his defense he did out last Chris AND Pat. It was funny when Janet (the campground manager) showed up at the campsite, and asked why is Pat still awake. She claimed that usually on her late(er) night rounds Pat is passed out and the rest of the crowd is still kicking. This time Chris passed out before Pat...Very strange indeed..Chris did his best to fight sleep, but it overcame him with ease.
Being Easter weekend, Tracy put out easter eggs (Sat night) around the site for the kids to hunt in the morning. I just hope we didn't step or pee-pee on any of the eggs.
Caver Dave was the campground mascot.. We were in this heated debate s to who Dave looked like the most. I think we decided that Ronald McDonald was the best description. Picture this...Yellow jacket, white shorts, and red panty hose. Yes, panty hose...Man he musta have gotten them from the Salvation Army. I know no one in their right mind would wear that outfit, but him. I guess spending too much time in caves with little oxygen may account for this taste in apparel. Janet also claimed she heard Dave's voice from the other side of the campground, and that his outfit was appropriate

I'm sure I have forgotten lots of other details, and probably will be added below...Oh, and by the way we did do some wheeling...
Ricky...seeya...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Damage Report from Uwharrie... anyone??

Carver Dave
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 04:34 PM
Keyboard Implanted

uh.. aaron.. you still drinking?... nice pic.. for being sideways... you dork..

hey.. i gots to get paid for bringing the truck...

here is a pic of what to do when your trailer is too narrow for the company jeep..

another...

and here is my front dana 60 about to go into the fantom jeep that i have.. noticed i kept it out of the picture.. since im just a web jeeper.. pimpin it at the off road events...

and the 14 bolt..

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1083932-narrow trailer fix.JPG (70.9 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 07:21 PM
Keyboard Implanted

lets see... i bent yet anoter agr rock ram... some folks learn from their mistakes.. but I must love second chances.. anyway.. im buyiong a real ram this time.
once again tracy broke nothing and drove 5 hours home...she very nearly made it up dutch john right after i winched up it as well...
I learned that goodyear MTR's are fantastic tires...unless your driving in wet clay.. then they are completely useless.. i think stock wrangler tires would have been better..
I had to winch more this weekend that in the entire week in tellico.
I have never seen uwharrie so difficult... it was incredible.
the group was good, the wheeling was good, everyone is home safe, and everyone except tracy and richard have damage....
oh.. and of course pat......no damage for him...

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 10:27 PM
Mud in my Veins

I only broke the eye off a front shock. The 5lbs. of mud stuck on each tire/rim made for an ugly ride home though. It was definitely the rudest I've ever seen URE.
Definitely a killer weekend. I *could* have been a bit loud.....NAH! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Panty hose [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img], those were my best red Patagonia polypro!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 10:40 PM

I heard through some other friends that Aaron broke something on Sunday at Dutch John and I dont think he made it back yet (maybe). All you are hearing about is Dutch John because that is ALL WE DID!!! on Saturday. Man that hill was nasty. I know for a fact 3 winches were "ganked up" trying to get our group up that hill, one being a perfect stranger. Ahhh aint jeepers Grand??? At least the company was good. Great weekend hopefully many more. BTW I don't think those were panty hose [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] ...they had to be Spandex!!! Later
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I blew the rerar portion of the intake gasket but not to bad. Just leaked enough oil on Dutch John so that Dave couldn't make it any further than I did. I flat towed home, if you didn't notice my F-150 parked in the corner.

I think it was spandex, did you hear Dave ran out of gas half way up Dutch John on Sunday. He was at a high angle and was having trouble pulling the fresh gas up to the engine. Then on an attempt to pour a little from the bottom of the can into the carb, a chunk of dirt fell from the top of the can into the carb. It worked out OK, thanks to that Optima and some WD-40.

I hope Niel made it home OK driving that full size waggy, I can't remember if there are any steep grades between Troy and Turdville.........lol

I had a great time, fun people, and these guys definetly have it together on the trail. This group is top notch.

Hey Ricky........SHHHHH................if you open a window.........and listen..........................................yo u can still hear Dave.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 10:54 PM

Great story Ricky.
And Pat I think i saw those axles on ebay. [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Maybe we can see the next starwars episode in Indiana..............
"Pat...the phantom jeeper......no ....peeper.... no ...late night pooper......
Oh well, whatever. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2003, 08:10 AM
Mud in my Veins

One of the Jeepster guys alerted me that Neil's pictures were on the FSJ forum.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2003, 08:19 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Damn, ya'll weren't ****tin' us, he does look like Ronald McDonald..... [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

How'd the Swampers do Dave?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode