Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: GM HEI conversion
1. The ballast resistor (that little sand colored boxy thingiee..) is there to limit the voltage to the OEM coil,
2. If it weren't there the coil would overheat and fail.
3. But since you've got the GM HEI installed,
4. It runs on full system voltage,
5. So hook 'er up direct to the full battery/alternator voltage,
6. And have fun....
7. You've gotten good advice in the previous post. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] <--- Root-Beer