Badlands Bash Convoy - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

Badlands Bash Convoy

Well I figured I'd ask it again on a new thread, and feel free to hijack this and find others to convoy with if needed.

I am heading to the bash on Friday and am leaving from Macomb, IL. I'll be driving East on Hwy 136 to Bloomington, IL where I switch to 55 North and then to 74 East. I'll take 74 East all the way to 41 North which will take me to Attica. If anybody is going to be along this route and wants to convoy with me let me know. I'd really appreciate another vehicle in case my baby doesn't make it like she should.

Here's the Mapquest map and directions for my route.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 09:45 PM

Re: Badlands Bash Convoy

mav_750, burnedbronco, and myself are convoying down thursday. Mav is leaving janesville wisconsin around 5pm and swinging down to vernon hills IL around 6-6:30, then were taking 94 to 294 to the dixie highway exit to pick up burnedbronco around 7:30-8pm, taking the back roads from his house off dixie highway to 394 which we'll take south to i think it's 17 to 2 to 41 to bypass all those stoplights on the northern part of 41 (look into this option anybody comming from the chicago area or furnter north). If anybody wants to meet up with us let me know. Leve could you make this post a sticky please. I'll send an e-mail out to every one going to the bash in a couple days letting you know details like where were camping, what the day's schedule is, basic safety stuff, how to get ahold of us if you have problems finding the camp ground or the badlands and some other info.

Andy
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 09:46 PM

well, andy and i are going down thursday night to get things rolling down there. we are leaving form the southside from my house probably around 7:30 or 8 with my F250 with my hybrid zuk in tow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 11:34 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Well I'll be coming up from Tellico NC on thursday around mid morning. I would welcome anyone that would want to meet up on the way. As long as you can keep up with me [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 12:16 AM
Official Historian

As of now, I'm planning on going up I-44 from Joplin, MO sometime Thursday.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 11:33 AM

Looks like I'm out...both CJ's are still down and now I have a scout camping trip that weekend (den leader, so I can't bail). Guess I'll catch some other run(s) over the summer.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 07:33 PM
Keyboard Implanted

my parents are attending the event and they are towing my dads cj down from Fond Du Lac, WI. Ed and Mike are also making the trek from elk mound, WI. Im not sure when any of them are leaving though...I know my Dad doesnt have a clue when he's leaving yet.
me and pat are leving sometime and coming back some other time.. he's got the tow rig....imnot sure when the jeepwife is planning on leaving.. she makes all those decisions. [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 10:01 PM
Keyboard Implanted

My Brother and I are leaving from Waukesha, WI early (7:00 ~ish~) Friday morning. Probably taking 41 all the way down. We'll see how the Jeep keeps up through Chicago. Not really sure of a better way from our neck of the woods so we are taking the safe way. Se you all there!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 10:17 PM

My wife and I are coming down from Grand Rapids MI.
We will probably head down 65 to lafayette and then turn more directly south. Probably leave GR at around 4pm hope to be down there before it is too dark!

If anyone is coming from our direction, we will be happy to team up.

Phil

PS anyone have actual directions to steam corners? I know its on 41 and a state road, but I cant get the mapquest to like me.
thanks
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 01:53 AM
Keyboard Implanted

we are leaving friday at noon be headed up Interstate 75 all the way if anyone is interested...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode