Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Front Driveshafts?
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
My question is, does the shaft rotate when I'm in 2wd.
Cause if so, then balancing it is an issue.. if not, I'm just going to cut the ears off the old one.. stick a rod inside the tube, and weld away... or sleve it..
that should prevent it from pretzel tearing like last time...
[/ QUOTE ]1. Yes it does, the drive actuates at the axle.
2. Rotational balance will be an issue,
3. It'll rattle the fillings outta your head,
4. Destroy itself and fling itself at the nearest Mercedes Benz.
5. I've never learned how to do this repair right in the backyard,
6. Because I don't have the tools to rotational balance the finished shaft.
7. That doesn't mean it can't be done,
8. I just means I don't know how....