Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Oil Pan Blues
1. Back to the original problem,
2. Just how warped is the original oil pan?
3. I've fix warped oil pans successfully by,[*]Placing the pan over a piece of wood, [*]Placing a second piece of wood over the bolt hole, sandwiching the oil pan, [*]Hammering the pan back to shape.
4. Also I've taken 1/4" flat metal stock and marked the bolt holes on the stock,
5. Drilled out the marks to accept the bolts,
6. And used the stock to help the pan conform to the block lip.
7. It also spreads the load of tightening the bolt down...
8. Very similar to those used on valve covers.