O/T - Has your Jeep helped you meet girls/boys? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

O/T - Has your Jeep helped you meet girls/boys?

Well I was out wiring up the voltage regulator that I forgot to put back [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] and a girl stepped out of her building to have a smoke. She said "I really like your car". Seeing as she was cute I let her get away with calling it a car. We struck up a conversation and she claimed I was in her spot. Of course I had to get her name so I could "paint it on the spot" as I told her [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. She was asking me about oil changes, which I was glad to help inform her on. She seemed impressed with my mechanical knowledge. So simply by hooking up a voltage regulator I just met a girl named Gretchin.

Does anyone else have a story like this? Anyone out there meet their wife/husband because they had a Jeep? If my CJ keeps this up I may not be able to sell her. But it probly wasn't the CJ now that I think about it, it was probly my brazen good looks [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 07:05 PM

Re: O/T - Has your Jeep helped you meet girls/boys?

Wait - is that a joke question? There isn't a day that goes by, *especially in the summer* when I don't get some sort of attention from girls due to the YJ. Especially now with the various mods...

Actually, the girl I met @ school came up to me when I was putting the top down in the parking lot. I'm not really even that attractive of a guy, so I tend to attribute it to the ole Jeep. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 07:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

I haven't really ever had my Jeep find me a Jeepchick, but I have had many talk to me at stoplights and smile and all that fun stuff. Come to think of it, I think I got a phone number during rush hour one day while just sitting there. Man, I need to get that thing running again! [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 08:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

All the time. When I had my CJ every single girl wanted to ride in the beast [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]... So many nights in my first wrangler off in the trails with a lady [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 09:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I wish...It would be cool if it was like the Jeep commercial-you know the one where the guy stops for gas, and there's another Jeep full of girls, then one gives him GPS coordinates-yeah that one. I don't think it could happen around here too much anyway-too close to big cities, no country girls left, really sucks [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 10:44 PM
MOX
Old Hand

Man, the Jeep got lots of hot ass honeys in it during High School and now in College they are still flocking to the driver and his ride. Chics love the J double E P
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 10:55 PM

Re: O/T - Has your Jeep helped you meet girls/boys

Damn man, What did you say you wanted to do with that Jeep? I think you need to reconsider that. Offer her a ride in your "topless" CJ. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 11:19 PM

Yes, met my wife while I was rollerblading in the park. I passed her and a mutual friend. I thought he was out on a date with her (he's a real ladies man), so I just said a quick hello, as I passed them. When I stopped at my jeep to take the skates off, she stopped to talk to me. She tells me that seeing my cool jeep that day played a big role in her first impression of me. Nowdays she sometimes comments on the rough ride of the jeep, but she still says when we go out on a "date" (not that often, as the kids keep us busy), that riding in the jeep feels like an adventure. Jeep doesn't look anywhere near as good as when we met, but she still does and I love her. So there's my happy jeep story. Guess it was worth all the blood sweat and tears that went into getting that heap roadworthy.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 12:12 AM

dang Tim,

she must read this right? haha.
thats a really nice story!

post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 12:24 AM
Mud in my Veins

I hear DirtDog is fond of picking up teenage boys with his Jeep! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img]

I don't care what Pat told you, I was second! [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode