and yet it continues (OT Gov rant) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Official Curmudgeon

and yet it continues (OT Gov rant)

I came home from work, watched the news and went upstairs to change clothes. I've got my shirt off and the doorbell rings. I pick the shirt back up from the bed and start to put it on and the bell rings again but this time it's ding-dong-- ding-dong-- ding-dong-- ding-dong-- ding-dong-- ding-dong-- ding-dong-- ding-dong. As I come down the stairs, somebody's beating on the door. As I come toward the door, I see a short little Asian cop. As I get closer, I see he's got a young teen female civilian with him.

I open the door and I'm already irritated at his impatience, so I ask "CAN I HELP YOU!" He can hardly speak English but I get enough to understand that he's asking if I'm somebody named "Hill". I tell him I'm not. He makes another unintelligible statement and waves his arm pointing toward both my neighbors, from which I get the idea he thinks he's at the wrong house. The girl points to the address on my mailbox, shakes her head and starts to point out the problem, but he sees the numbers match and gets a little attitude. He reads the address from his clipboard XXXX X XXTH TERRACE. I'm getting more irritated with this idiot so I ask him if that's were he is. The girl, still pointing at the address on the mailbox, tells him that he's on Street instead of Terrace. I guess he doesn't understand her because the stupid POS looks at me and asks, "Do you expect her soon?" I inform him in a loud slow voice, "YOU ARE AT THE WRONG HOUSE" and close the door.

I would have known what the problem was sooner except that what he's pronouncing as Hill is spelled F-U-E-L. As he leaves, I look down and he's wearing what appears to be a .45 cal automatic pistol that's half as long as his thigh bone. Guess I was lucky, a few years back a guy I worked with had a similar situation but they forced their way in, with guns drawn, when he opened the door.

I DON'T WANT IDIOTS LIKE THIS WEARING A BADGE AND PATROLLING MY CITY!!!

Am I the only one that thinks my chances of being killed by an overzealous cop are better than encountering and being killed by the criminals they say they're protecting me from?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 08:49 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: and yet it continues (OT Gov rant)

I think you are the only paranoid idiot.

Why dont you just get over your goverment bashing here on the board. I think there is more then enough of us that is tired of hearing your $hit. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 09:16 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Taz, cops are people too. They make mistakes just like you do. When an officer is trying to investigate something and they encounter a stubborn person they may get irritated. He's trying to do his job. SO WHAT IF HE'S SHORT. SO WHAT IF HE'S ASIAN. SO WHAT IF HE'S GOT A BIG GUN. In a time when not many people want to do police work this guy is. Whatever department he works for hired him for a reason. They don't go around hiring the least capable people just to piss you off! I think your chances of getting killed by a criminal far outweigh your chances of being killed by a cop. Just because he's got a gun doesn't mean he wants to shoot you. I agree there are bad cops out there but don't go assuming every govt. worker you encounter is an idiot because you don't trust government. I think you need a lesson in tolerance. Thats my bucks worth!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 09:17 PM
RedSandDog

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Am I the only one that thinks my chances of being killed by an overzealous cop are better than encountering and being killed by the criminals they say they're protecting me from?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img]

Yes, you are the only one. It would be OK if you got over yourself now.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 09:47 PM
Old Hand

Re: &#8230; and yet it continues (OT Gov rant)

Our Government isn't perfect and we need people questioning it. I for one respect Taz's point of view. I may not agree with everything he says but I do listen with an open mind. [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
I was surfing the POR board not to long ago and they posted a link to http://www.nonviolence.org/comment/index.php complaining about the anti-war movements bashing of the USA so I went just to see their side of things. And while I was researching another countrys news archives I made very disturbing discovery here and then I then read this one.

I'm starting to think it's about time to head for the hills. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] Commi-Bastids
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 10:02 PM
RedSandDog

but I do listen with an open mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

As do I.

IMHO this isn't one.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 10:04 PM
Addict

He can hardly speak English

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah so maybe taz rants and raves more than the rest, but this part is what got me. somebody not speaking english well enough to do his job does not need to be carrying a weapon.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 10:23 PM
RedSandDog

A little critical analysis here folks, people who can't speak English don't pass Police Academy. Especially in, hello, Kansas, unless not using phrases like "o'er yonder" constitute speaking English.

Come on, cops aren't brain surgeons, but this guy this so impressed with himself that EVERYONE is an idiot. I have sat thru too many of these posts to bite my tongue (fingers?) any more.

Nothing, at all, to do with Jeeps.

Done now. [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 11:19 PM

I like to think of this board as the Jeep "coffee shop".
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 07:36 AM
Keyboard Implanted

If I was a police officer.... And I was short, and generally not a big guy... I would carry as large a gun as I could too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode