Join Date: Apr 2002
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got back from my first trip to moab yesterday
I went down thursday. We went on Pritchet canyon, Behind the Rocks, Hells Revenge, and Moab Rim.
I broke a spring hanger on the front and came home Sunday morning. - We welded it back when I got home. I could have had it done down there, but I was tired, and they were only going for 1/2 day anyway.
I had a good time. A few things I learned:
1. Generally, the CJ 5's had a harder time - wheelbase.
A cherokee with no lockers could climb stuff the 5's couldn't - locked front and rear.
2 I need a better Carb. - my kept flooding out.
3. I need a bigger lift. I was bottoming out quite a bit. (I think either a spring over or 4" w/35's)
4. I need to make new spring/shock mount plates so the bolts don't hang down below the spring pack (rear)
5. I am way minor league compared to most of the rigs down there.
6. My driving skills (ability to pick better lines by myself) improved quite a bit in those 2 days. (still a rookie)
I will post a couple pics. - The angles don't seem to be a bad as I remember. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]