weekend progress, almost ready to run
Just me happy that I got things working finally. I installed the TFI upgrade this weekend, and fixed my turn signal/ground problem. My Tsignals would make all my gauges bounce and the stepper motor in the BBD adjust the mixture. Hit all the ground points and connectors with a grinder. What a difference. Also found that the meathead before me grounded the high altitude wire (not needed in SE WI). That with bad grounds explains why the carb was affected by the turn signals. Also was able to finally get the timing set correctly. Now she is running great.
Will pick up exhaust pipe for the manifold today and it should be quiet, then time to get it driving again.